JobsInLogistics.com Los Alamitos CA United States
5 days ago
For air traffic controllers to manage the skies, their equipment must function properly; and that's where you come in. As an Air Traffic Control Equipment Repairer, you help ensure flight safety by performing field and sustainment-level maintenance and installation of all air traffic control equipment for the Army National Guard.
As a member of the electronic maintenance team, the Air Traffic Control Equipment Repairer is responsible for the maintenance and installation of air traffic control communications, navigation aids, and landing systems. In short, planes can't take off or land without you.
• Test instruments, navigational controls, and simulators using electronic and electrical test equipment
• Replace equipment parts, such as resistors, switches, and circuit boards
• Perform quality control measures
• Install and adjust air traffic control communications and navigation aids systems
Some Of The Skills You'll Learn
• Electronic principles and concepts
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with small and large airstrips or airports, manufacturing companies, medical research facilities, satellite communications firms, or airline companies.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Air Traffic Control Equipment Repairer consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 38 weeks of Advanced Individual Training and on-the-job instruction, including practice in repairing and replacing equipment parts. Training consists of both classroom and field work.
• Paid training
• A monthly paycheck
• Montgomery GI Bill
• Federal and State tuition assistance
• Retirement benefits for part-time service
• Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
• 401(k)-type savings plan
• Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
• Health care benefits available
• VA home loans
• Bonuses, if applicable
• Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
• Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
• Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
• Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
• Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
• Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
Other Job Information
Job ID: 737
ZIP Code: 90720
Job Category: Mechanic and Maintenance
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35 Electrical electronics installers repairers commercial and industrial equipment electric motor power tool powerhouse substation relay equipment
Los Alamitos CA USA
Jobs in Los Alamitos CA United States
94D Air Traffic Control Equipment Repairer Los Alamitos jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.