ICON - EMEA
ICON - EMEA Ireland Ireland
1 week ago
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
The *Strategic Writer *works with business development and operations to develop high quality and compelling proposals focused on client... solutions that align with ICON strategy in response to client RFPs.
The position assumes overall responsibility of strategic proposal text document for high priority opportunities and works alongside Proposals Development Associates (PDA) to drive strategy forward and ensure on time delivery. Additionally, they support/mentor PDAs, develop best practice for strategic writing, structure, and fit-for-purpose content.
• Review and analyze key Request or Proposal (RFP) information.
• Participate in the initial RFP Kick-off Call hosted by the assigned PDA.
• Lead Strategy Calls with clinical operations, feasibility, internal therapeutic experts, proposals, and others as necessary to focus the strategy development efforts.
• Responsible for development of fit-for-purpose strategy in collaboration with the feasibility manager, clinical operations, and other therapeutic experts.
• Writes/edits key sections of text content received from operations and business development.
• Develop and build strong relations with all internal and external customers, ensuring clear communication channels are maintained at all times.
• Hand over devised strategy to the project manager assigned to the bid defense and assist with bid defense preparation, where appropriate.
• Assess and develop strategy and process improvements to ensure effective and consistent approach to the proposal development and bid defense processes to remain competitive within the market place.
• Contribute text to the standard text library and case studies to RFI on an ongoing basis.
• Performs quality control of high priority proposals developed by other writers/PDAs.
• Provide advice, support and guidance as needed and serves as a mentor. •
• Develop strategic text in partnership with various stakeholders.
• Support training initiatives and other department initiatives.
• Ability and willingness to travel as required (usually
• Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which center around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Strong editorial and proofreading skills.
• Have the ability to effectively coordinate and successfully manage the strategy process and weave the ICON strategy/vision and company experience into a customized solution response to meet the needs of our clients within agreed timelines.
• Ability to develop and build successful cooperative relations with all internal contributors to the proposal.
• Flexibility, ability to multi-task and re-prioritize based upon continuous deadlines and new assignments.
• Have demonstrated problem-solving, inter-personal skills, planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to work under tight timelines with minimal supervision.
• Competent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project.
• Due to the nature of this position it may be required for the employee to travel. Therefore, dependent on the employee’s location, the employee may be required to possess a valid driver’s license.
• Prior relevant clinical research industry experience.
• Demonstrated understanding of the clinical operations process, the RFP process, and bid defense activities.
• Bachelor’s degree or local equivalent Science/Biomedical area or English/Journalism.
• Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals - both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans - and related benefits such as life assurance - so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
(Senior) Strategic Writer Ireland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.