Rio Tinto Lusaka Zambia
6 days ago
RITM9776110 Geoscientist Graduate Zambia
• Opportunity for geoscience graduates to gain experience with leading global exploration company on various projects.
• Location Zambia
About The Role Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs. We are looking for Geoscientist Graduates to apply technical knowledge undertaking a range of project tasks whilst experiencing all aspects of mineral exploration with a leading exploration team.
The Geoscientist Graduate is expected to contribute to the team’s output through completion of assigned tasks, working with or without direct supervision.
Tasks shall be assigned by senior team members and interacting with other team members that will increase with experience to contractors and communities.
It is essential that you are based or have rights to work in Zambia as the role is FIFO (fly in, fly out) or DIDO (drive in, drive out) to camp on a 3 week on 2 weeks off or 3 week on 1 week off rotation in the... field.
Reporting to the Project or Senior Project Geoscientist in a collaborative community, you will
• Assist in all aspects of exploration programmes by acquiring and interpreting geological data including but not limited to collecting and preparing geochemical samples, geological mapping, drill sampling, geological logging of drill core and petrophysical data.
• Preparing and submitting maps, records of exploration and reporting on exploration activity.
• Assisting in planning and executing reconnaissance field trips, and exploration drill out programmes.
• Contributing to technical presentations on potential projects.
• Assisting the project manager with contractor management through the supervision of drilling and geophysical crews using standard work practices.
• Supervision of local field teams, take responsibility of own and nominated staff performance in line with RT principles of collaboration and living our values.
• Provide leadership in HSEC by anticipating current and future risks and manage associated controls.
• Ensuring all work is carried out safely accordance with RT HSE requirements.
• Ensuring that exploration data and documents are appropriately managed and catalogued in line with the data management requirements.
What You’ll Bring
• Tertiary honours Degree in Geology / Geoscience.
• Be a recent graduates or have a maximum of 2 years relevant experience.
• Be willing to work within a field-based resources exploration environment.
What We Offer
• A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team.
• A safety-focused and inclusive working environment.
• Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions.
About Rio Tinto Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs.
Pioneers.For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium the world’s first to be certified responsible helps planes fly and makes cars lighter.
Our copper helps wind turbines power cities, and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working Exploration and discovery have been the driving force behind our business for nearly 150 years. Exploration Africa-Europe is building a strong technical team in Zambia to undertake the safe prospecting and technical evaluation of potential copper developments within the region.
Initial prospecting activities will include geological mapping, drilling and resource modelling; complemented with community and environmental characterisation work.
Every Voice Matters We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome they are essential to our success.
We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
• adsbygoogle window.adsbygoogle ).push(
Geoscientist Graduate – Zambia at Rio Tinto Lusaka jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.