College Park Park (GA)
College Park Park (GA) College Park GA Georgia
1 week ago
A successful candidate will play an active role in the City of College Park’s existing operational success. The purpose of the position is to assist with the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical lines and equipment. Successful performance helps ensure the safe, efficient, and effective provision of electrical services. Essential Functions
Independent judgment is required to... identify, select and apply the most appropriate of available guidelines and procedures as well as interpret precedents. This position is responsible for performing a full range of law enforcement duties in the patrol, community policing, crime prevention, and transportation functions of the City of College Park Police Department. The incumbent may be assigned temporarily to a specialty area within the department based on needs.
• Maintains law and order and protects life and property.
• Patrols assigned geographic area.
• Receives and responds to dispatched calls; investigates and takes appropriate action on assigned calls.
• Conducts security checks of businesses, parks, public buildings, industrial areas, and residences.
• Issues citations and/or makes arrests for violations of laws including traffic violations and local ordinances.
• Prepares incident and accident reports.
• Attends and testifies in various levels of court, including Superior, State, Juvenile, Administrative, and Municipal, on cases investigated or reports written; locates defendants and serves criminal warrants.
• Assists with crowd control and security assignments at various public gatherings or incident scenes.
• Reports hazardous conditions on public roadways and bridges.
• Conducts surveillance.
• Duties include but are not limited to court, City Hall security and, transporting inmates to and from medical facilities.
• May serve as a field training officer.
• Works with the public, civic organizations, etc. in conducting community activities.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of law enforcement concepts and terminology, including criminal investigation, law enforcement, and crime prevention.
• First-aid principles and techniques.
• Report preparation and record keeping; and human behavior theories related to criminology, crisis intervention and crowd control.
• Knowledge of laws and court decisions about law enforcement, including search and seizure, suspects and prisoner’s rights, and custody and protection of evidence.
• Knowledge of the use and effects of law enforcement weapons; methods of self-defense and physical restraint.
• Knowledge of College Park Police Department, policies and procedures; geographic layout of City; vocabulary of technical/specialized fields of law enforcement such as identification, detention, and pathology.
• Skill in learning, interpreting, applying, and explaining complex laws and regulations; reading and interpreting documents such as maps, diagrams, and textbooks.
• Skill in performing accurate mathematical calculations; comprehending and retaining factual information and applying what is learned;
• Knowledge of College Park Police Department, policies and procedures; geographic layout of City.
• Must be able to perform accurate mathematical calculations; comprehend and retain factual information and apply what is learned.
• Must be able to observe and remember details of events, names, faces, numbers, and physical descriptions; prepare and maintain clear, accurate, and concise reports and files.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form; must be able to react quickly and calmly in emergencies.
• Knowledge of operating the computer and various programs understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Effective analytical and decision-making skills.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
• Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
• Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to one hundred (100) pounds, standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day, climb poles, bending, crouching, or stooping, and use tools and equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguish between shades of color.
• Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified as essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
• High school diploma or equivalent (REQUIRED).
• At least 21 years of age.
• Meet POST requirements for Peace Officer Certification and/or academy admittance according to GA law.
• Successful completion of the pre-employment process which includes a written exam, oral interview, background check, criminal records and traffic history check, medical and drug screening, polygraph evaluation, and/or voice stress, successful completion of Police Academy.
• Must have a valid Georgia driver's license and must be a US citizen.
• Experience in communicating with diverse communities, and in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
• Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
• Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
The following will be a disqualification
• Any felony convictions
• Any conviction of a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature;
• Any conviction of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude;
• Any conviction of more than three (3) moving traffic violations in the previous three (3) years could be a disqualifier, all traffic violations within 7 years will be scrutinized;
• Any conviction of a DUI or leaving the scene of an accident, within the previous five (5) years;
• Present active investigation of applicant by Federal, State and Local authorities, or P.O.S.T. Council and;
• Seriously delinquent credit history may be a disqualifier.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,706.08 - $61,000.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Health savings account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Parental leave
• Vision insurance
• 12 hour shift
Work Location: In person
College Park GA USA
Jobs in College Park GA Georgia
Police Officer College Park jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.