General Electric Lisburn United Kingdom
1 week ago
Job Description Summary
GE - Renewable Energy would like to recruit a Firmware Test and Automation Engineer who will work in an Agile Scrum environment and will report to the Embedded Software Leader. The role will work with the Scrum development team and product management team to create and execute test solutions, both manual and automated, for product releases.
You will work among a talented and motivated R&D team, applying technologies such as On-line Dissolved Gas Measurement (DGA), Bushing Measurement (Tan Delta and Capacitance), Partial Discharge (PD) detection (UHF & Electrical) and Fast Transient measurement.
The scope of the team is unique, covering fundamental research on new measurement technologies, through to advanced Cloud based Industrial Internet concepts and deployment.
- Define, implement, and execute manual and automated tests across our fleet of GE products to ensure product functionality and robustness.
- ?Identify... opportunities and tools to automate the test process.
- Develop automation test frameworks using Python
- Implement test automation where appropriate to improve test efficiency, repeatability, coverage, and accuracy.
- Methodically review user stories, acceptance criteria and product requirements.
- Create detailed, well-structured and comprehensive test plans and cases.
- Ensure traceability of requirements to test cases
- Work closely with the scrum development team to carry out smoke and regression test executions in a timely manner (manual and automated)
- Validate that firmware defects have been fixed.
- ?Participates in peer review of test designs/scripts.
- Maintain a record of test results for release documentation. Write test results and release documentation.
- Maintains a repository of software and firmware release artifacts.
- Should have strong attention to detail and should be able to work in a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Carry out additional duties as requested by the Embedded Software Leader.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Computer Science discipline or equivalent.
- Experience as a Firmware test and automation engineer.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multitask.
- Understanding of embedded systems and environments
- Experience of Linux Operating system
- Ability to use signal generators and oscilloscope
- Familiarity with Robot Framework and Selenium.
- Familiarity with Jenkins.
- Familiarity with HP ALM Quality Centre and Rally/JIRA
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline.
- Familiarity with test automation framework such as Selenium.
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to understand mechanical and electronic systems
- Enthusiastically research new tools and testing processes.
Applications from all suitably qualified persons are welcome. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Jobs in Lisburn United Kingdom
Firmware Test and Automation Engineer Lisburn jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.