National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery (UCLH)
National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery (UCLH) London United Kingdom
4 days ago
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For detailed information about this role, please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Knowledge and Qualifications
• Medical qualification MBBS with full valid registration at GMC
• Valid ALS training certification
• GCP trained by start date
• Minimum of 2 years post GMC registration work experience
• Familiarity with principle of clinical research including Good Clinical Practice
• Experience of phlebotomy, cannulation and management of central lines
• Experience of working with neurology patients
• Experience in the conduct of clinical trials
• Experience of formal/ informal teaching of patients and staff
Skills & Abilities
• Ability to learn and implement new study related clinical skills e.g. skin biopsies
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication... skills; able to speak English to level required to fulfil job requirements
• Demonstrates evidence of professional development
• Demonstrates academic achievement appropriate to level of appointment
• Computer literacy
• Demonstrates commitment and preparedness
• Enthusiastic nature
• Demonstrates honesty, integrity and appreciation of ethical dilemmas
• Reliability – demonstrates punctuality, attendance and sense of responsibility
• Able to work flexibly on occasion
At UCLH, we have a real ‘One Team’ ethos, and our values – safety, kindness, teamwork and improving, are central to the way we work. This is supported by our staff, who voted us as the #1 NHS Acute Trust to work for in the whole of England.
At UCLH we take equality of opportunity seriously and are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer, with a culture that creates a real sense of belonging and trust. It is our fundamental aim, to recruit, retain and promote a diverse mix of people who are representative of our local communities. Applications are encouraged from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives to support our world class research, innovation and creativity.
UCLH recognises the benefits of flexible working for staff and has a dedicated policy which allows staff to apply for flexible working right from the beginning of employment. For more information please go to: https://www.uclh.nhs.uk/work-with-us/why-choose-uclh/flexible-working.
We offer our permanent staff an interest free season ticket loan for travel, all our staff have access to free independent and confidential support, large retail discounts, a staff discount platform, cycle to work scheme and on-site accommodation to name a few.
Additionally, UCLH Arts and Heritage’s staff wellbeing programme, Creative Comfort, offers a variety of ways to engage with the arts as a member of UCLH staff. You can try out the weekly choir, weekly art club and join the Culture Club for exclusive access to free and discounted tickets for opera, exhibitions, theatre and more.
We recognise, reward and thank colleagues by nominating them for our annual Celebrating Excellence Awards, which are funded by UCLH Charity.
We are also members of www.mytrustbenefits.co.uk/ which offers discounts on high street retail stores, offers on travel deals, and also to take advantage of cash back schemes.
This vacancy may close before the current listed closing date. You are advised not to delay submitting your completed application.
Please note that all correspondence regarding your application will be via email. The emails will be sent to you via TRAC.jobs and not via NHS Jobs, we encourage you to check your inbox regularly.
Please note that if you are at present in a training position on the 2016 new junior doctor’s contract and are applying for a Trust doctor role your salary will not be pay protected.
You will be placed on the appropriate point of the Trust Doctor pay scale based on your previous experience.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date of the advert to assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
The Trust uses electronic new starter forms on Trac to collect personal details. Information collected is securely stored and used to set up the employee record on the ESR HR system.
Employer certification / accreditation badges
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service
Clinical Research Fellow - Trust Doctor in Medicine London jobs
Jobs by National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery (UCLH)
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.