ProZ.com Ukraine Ukraine
6 days ago
Services required: Translation, Checking/editing, Localizaton (other)
Language pairs: Danish to English, Dutch to English, English, Finnish to English, Indonesian to English, Japanese to English, Korean to English, Norwegian to English, Swedish to English, Thai to English, Turkish to English, Ukrainian to English
Language variant: US-English
Subject fields: Electronics / Elect Eng
Localization of video scripts and documents for educational courses about innovative electrical energy.
Scope of work: ~1,500,000 words, which will be divided among several linguists.
Timeline: May – 10th August.
Source language: European English.
Target language: US English;
We anticipate that candidates will be available to dedicate not less than 4 hours per business day (but ideally 6 or more hours). Please do not apply if you cannot dedicate 4 or more hours per business day, as we prefer to make up a small team of few professionals working more intensively rather than... a big team of professionals doing small bits.
You will need to localize our glossary and all the texts:
0) Define and approve with us a list of changes to be made in order to localize the courses;
1) Edit spelling/data formats/measurement units (like km per liter to miles per gallon)/currency, etc.;
2) Edit numbers (convert to North American measurement units);
3) Terminology and phrases – In North America, we call it this, in Europe we call it that (e.g., "lift" - "elevator");
4) Removing references to “European...” wherever possible;
5) Implement any other changes defined in the technical task;
- (!) US native speakers only with a master's degree or certifications
- At least 5 years of intensive experience in technical translation/editing
- Experience in localization from EUR-ENG to NA-ENG
- Preferred: engineering education or work experience: you need to understand the modern use of terminology, measurement units, etc.
- Expertise in translating the following topics: Innovations in the Energy Sector, Electric Energy, Energy Data Management, the Role of Batteries and Converters, International Regulations in the Sphere of Energy, Zero-emission Energy, Physics, Chemistry, Math)
- Bonus: Experience in Machine Translation
- Competitive rates
- Flexible working hours
Please send your detailed CV showing your relevant experience in the sphere of Technical translation to [HIDDEN]
Please offer your rates for this type of work.
We will offer a paid test task. Please, specify your qualifications according to the mentioned requirements and send your CV and relevant references.
Thank you and we are looking forward to working together
Only US-native linguist, Electrical energy courses Localization... Ukraine jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.