Rolls-Royce Derby United Kingdom
4 days ago
Nuclear – Manufacturing Engineers
This position is being advertised to form a pipeline of candidates for current and future positions within Rolls Royce Submarines therefore applicants should not expect feedback immediately. However, we will endeavour to review your CV in a timely manner.
We have several exciting opportunities for Manufacturing Engineers to join the Submarines Business in Derby.
At Rolls-Royce we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the plant. We deliver the nuclear power plants to the Ministry of Defence allowing our nation to keep its Submarines at sea. see our Submarines Story This in turn acts as a continuous deterrent and helps keep our country safe. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we’re putting our business at the forefront of the Nuclear industry. Our product portfolio continues to expand, and future opportunities grow each year as the use of carbon free... technologies become a necessity for the economy and our planet. We are contributing towards developing technologies to advance space exploration and Small Modular Reactors providing Nuclear power and micro-reactors for use in land and remote areas.
Our product requires us to be diverse in manufacturing volumes from low volume high complexity to high volume production. We have research facilities dedicated to the development of manufacturing processes optimised for use in the nuclear industry. We provide services to the boat yards, assisting the installation of Nuclear propulsion plants into Submarines with on-site dedicated personal and ongoing in-service support.
Our products typically include large vessel manufacture, nuclear reactor core, electrical control & instrumentation systems, propulsors, turbo generators, Control Rod Drive Mechanisms, pumps and valves.
We’ll provide an environment where you can be yourself. An inclusive, digital-first culture that invests in you, gives you a platform for continuous learning, and access to an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to grow your career.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. We encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best - wherever and whenever you work.
What You Will Be Doing
These roles cover a variety of Manufacturing Engineering disciplines including new product introduction, continuous improvement, capability acquisition, non-destructive testing (NDE), both within our domestic manufacturing facilities and our External Supply Chain (ESC). We are looking for self-motivated individuals who enjoy learning new skills, have a positive approach and enjoy problem solving. In these roles you will be working either in our Core Production or New Build & Component manufacturing plants based in Derby or a supplier management team working with the ESC
Roles Available Include
• Producibility Engineers – Work within a team developing new methods of manufacture for new product introduction into our facilities. Ensuring the product designs are matched to the manufacturing capabilities to enable production rate, cost, and quality to be achieved.
• Manufacturing Engineers providing Production Support - Technically responsible for a group of manufacturing processes within large vessel manufacture, pumps & valves, or Core Nuclear reactor products. Provide production support, drive continuous improvement, and process control, to ensure manufacturing processes capable of meeting and continuing to meet quality, cost, delivery rate and lead time requirements and are delivered on time to the business.
• Manufacturing Engineers External Supply Chain focused - Technically responsible for the manufacture of a portfolio of parts associated with the external supply chain. Covering all elements of the manufacturing product life cycle, from new product introduction, support improvement programmes, you will have the opportunity to work with and influence external suppliers in the delivery of nuclear products.
• Special Process Manufacturing Engineers –Technically accountable for Manufacturing Special Processes for their area of expertise. Includes developing and optimising process parameters for products being manufactured by a Special Process in the method of manufacture. This includes, but not exhaustive, Weld Engineering or Additive Manufacture, Chemical Processing, Heat Treatment furnaces, rolling and forming and Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE).
• ME Digital Systems Manufacturing– Work within a team driving digital transformation in manufacturing, develop new digital solutions and providing support for our existing systems.
• Manufacturing Engineer for introducing new capabilities – Technically responsible for specifying and project managing the installation and commissioning of new equipment and facilities projects from cradle to grave, including factory design & layout. This will also include developing, implementing, validating, maintaining, and continuously improving capability of capital equipment and tooling.
Who We Are Looking For
At Rolls-Royce we embrace agility, are bold, pursue collaboration and seek simplicity in everything we do. These principles form our values and behaviours and are an essential component of our assessment process and are fundamental qualities that we seek for all roles.
The available roles will require some or a combination of the following capabilities:
• Professionally Qualified Engineer (HNC or BEng degree) or appropriate equivalent experience.
• Recognised national or international engineering accreditation (e.g. IEng or CEng), or aspiring to become accredited.
• Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and the drive to deliver within a challenging mixed volume, production environment.
• Technical experience within a leading manufacturing environment (desirable in either large vessel manufacture & assembly and/or machining of complex products).
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as welding, CNC machining, fitting/assembly, rolling, advanced manufacturing technology, inspection practices and the aptitude to learn rapidly.
• Good understanding of process improvement tools, including Root Cause Analysis, 6-sigma, SPC, PFMEA, MSA.
• Understanding of industry standard manufacturing requirements and preferably with experience of Method development and validation, First Article Inspection or equivalent.
• Desirable: experience of CAD, CAM, CAPP, Manufacturing Execution System, Manufacturing Intelligence and SAP
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
We welcome applications from people with a refugee background.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy at Our people | Rolls-Royce
To work for the Rolls-Royce Submarines Business an individual has to hold Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance. Rolls-Royce will support the application for Security Clearance if the individual does not currently already have this in place.
Due to the nature of work the Business conducts and the protection of certain assets a person has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non ITAR country.
Closing date: 24/05/23
09 May 2023; 00:05
Manufacturing Engineers - Nuclear (Submarines) Derby jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.