JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A. Singapore Singapore
1 week ago
The Global Clearing business is an integral part of the Corporate and Investment Bank strategy in addition to a major focus in regulatory reform. Global Clearing is comprised of three business areas (F&O, OTC Clearing, and OTC Intermediation). At a time of significant industry change, this role represents a unique opportunity to gain exposure in a business that is evolving within the bank and industry. Mandatory clearing of OTC Derivatives, Basel III Agency Clearing rules as well as Basel III Leverage Ratio implementation are some examples of recent regulatory change that the business has been impacted by.
The F&O business is one of the most dynamic market leaders in the futures and options brokerage business. The business has provided Sales, Execution and Clearing services across fixed income, equity, foreign exchange and commodity asset classes since 1979. Today, the business clears at over 70 exchanges with electronic trading access to over 50 of them.
OTC... Clearing has been providing intermediation services to clients globally for several years. Recent legislation in the U.S. and Europe (Dodd/Frank and EMIR respectively) has driven the development of a new client clearing business. Under new law, institutions trading OTC derivatives are required to clear those derivatives through a central clearinghouse. The OTC Clearing business helps clients facilitate that clearing process. J.P. Morgan and, more specifically the OTC Clearing business, have actively engaged with clearinghouses and regulators and will continue playing a leadership role in shaping the evolution of the OTC marketplace.
• Support Asia Clearing Product Control within CIB F&BM
• Help to execute P&L processes for both the F&O and OTC Clearing desks
• Financial reporting, investigation and control, including partnering extensively with Financial control team to introduce effective compliance to P&L and Risk Standards
• Help prepare and provide detailed analysis on monthly financials to desk heads, business managers, and senior finance management
• Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
• Work closely with Operations and various back office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in an accurate and timely manner
• Understand Legal Entity financials including expenses
• Responsible for accuracy of month end P&L
• Serve as an analytical and project support resource for product control and business management
• Think strategically to improve procedures; drive process enhancement projects; partner with CIB Finance to review, test and implement process changes
• Assist in the quarterly regulatory disclosures
• Own ad hoc projects and requests from management and other partnersRequirements:
• Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline
• Minimum of 3 years of experience within product control, financial control or accounting in the financial services industry
• Ability to source and analyze large data sets. Present findings in a compelling manner and plan effective remediation. Extensive excel experience is desirable
• Strong problem solving skills. Have the ability to articulate clear and workable solutions
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an exceptional level of attention to detail
• Independent, self-motivated and results driven
• Excellent Communication and Presentation skills – written and verbal
• Ability to multi-task and execute on a variety of deliverables in a time sensitive environments
• Escalates issues and concerns in a timely manner
• Promotes partnership; encourages collaboration, information sharing and discussion
CIB F&BM, Asia Clearing Controllers Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.