Food and Agriculture Organization
Food and Agriculture Organization Rome Metropolitan City of Rome Capital Italy
1 week ago
The Office of Emergencies and Resilience (OER) is responsible for ensuring FAO’s efforts to support countries and partners in preparing for and effectively responding to food and agricultural threats and crises. It is responsible for coordinating the development and maintenance of corporate tools and standards to enable Decentralized Offices to assist member countries to prepare for, and respond to emergencies. OER ensures humanitarian policy coordination and knowledge, liaison with the Inter-Agency Standing Committee as well as with humanitarian resource partners, co-leadership with World Food Programme of the global Food Security Cluster, organizational preparedness, surge capacity and response to large-scale emergencies. OER supports food and nutrition security assessment and early warning activities related to emergency and humanitarian analysis and responses. OER plays a major role in the development and leadership of the Organization’s... programme to increase the resilience of livelihoods to food and agriculture threats and crises.
Under the overall supervision of the Enabling Environment Team Leader, the direct supervision of the Emergency and Rehabilitation Officer, the Consultant will work in close collaboration with relevant FAO offices.
The Enabling Environment Team is seeking consultants covering the areas of Accountability to Affected People, inclusion, localization, community-engagement and partnership development within the context of emergency and resilience settings.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Support the effective operationalization and mainstreaming of key Leave No One Behind (LNOB) thematic areas such as inclusion, Accountability to Affected People, community engagement, Gender mainstreaming amongst others;
• Support the development of training material and guidance notes on key programme quality dimensions around the LNOB agenda;
• Support the rollout of awareness raising and capacity development activities at regional, sub-regional and country level;
• Support the collection, analysis and documentation of good practices and lessons learned to inform country offices and resource partners;
• Support engagement and partnership with UN agencies, NGOs and the Food Security Cluster to create synergies and identify opportunities for collaboration;
• Support the coordination of the FAO LNOB Community of Practice (CoP) and the organization of CoP sessions on different thematic areas liaising with various offices at HQ and in the field;
• Support the preparation of statements, briefs, concepts notes, talking points, website content and advocacy material on programme quality for management use and dissemination;
• Perform any other duties as required.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
• University degree in a subject related to the work of the Organization;
• At least 1 year (Category C) of professional experience in promoting and mainstreaming the Leave No One Behind agenda thematic areas within the framework of emergency and resilience settings;
• Working knowledge (level C) of English and/or French and limited knowledge (level B) of any other official language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, Spanish or Russian). For PSA, working knowledge (level C) of English and/or French.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (ngotenders.net) you saw this job posting
Rome Metropolitan City of Rome Capital Italy
Jobs in Rome Metropolitan City of Rome Capital Italy
Emergency Programme Consultant Rome jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.