Управління ООН з обслуговування проектів (UNOPS)
Управління ООН з обслуговування проектів (UNOPS) Kyiv Ukraine
5 days ago
Background Information – Job-specific
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of peace building, humanitarian and development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.
Background – job specific
In Ukraine, UNOPS support to the partners in their reform agenda since 2017 spans the rule of law, social protection, demining, emergency response and security. The projects are funded by the EU, the Governments of Japan and Canada.
All projects have gender equality as a transversal... theme, and have been contextualised within the broader Sustainable Development Goals frameworks and objectives.
Following the increased militarisation around Ukraine’s borders as well as the recognition of the so-called Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics by the Russian Federation, the security situation in Ukraine deteriorated rapidly, with the launch of a military offensive by the Russian Federation on 24 February 2022. Armed violence escalated in at least eight oblasts (regions), including Kyivska oblast and the capital city of Kyiv, as well as in the eastern oblasts of Donetsk and Luhanska which were already affected by conflict. The towns of Mariupol, Kharkiv, Irpin were strongly affected, so resident civilians fled their homes en masse.
Martial law and a state of war were introduced in Ukraine on 24 February 2022, and the general mobilisation of all Ukrainian males between 18 and 60 years old was ordered, while the Ukrainian airspace was closed to civilian users.
The UNOPS immediately launched its Emergency Procurement Procedure (EPP) to enable a faster response to requirements related to the crisis. The EPP provided flexibility in procurement procedures while still ensuring adherence to essential public procurement principles.
Under the direct supervision of the functional supervisor and under the overall guidance from the Head of Support Services, the Administration Senior Assistant provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes, ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
This is a local position, it is therefore open to Nationals of Ukraine and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
1. Administrative Support
• Researches and retrieves statistical data from internal and external sources; prepares statistical charts, tables and reports, extracting data from various sources.
• Follows up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the head of the unit.
• Provides administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
• Compiles information for periodic audits.
• Petty cash management.
2. Travel and Logistics
• Processes travel transactions (authorizations and claims) including in OneUNOPS system, requests for visas, identity cards and other documents for all personnel, UN officials, and visitors, ensuring compliance with UN rules and regulations.
• Provides information on air services, rates and travel schedules for specific itineraries. Processes travel claims in OneUNOPS and purchase orders for travel activities, payments, and contracts.
• Organizes shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNOPS shipments (received/sent), all necessary documentation, and implementation of follow-up actions
• Prepares documentation for security clearances, processes hotel reservations, organizes airport pickups , hospitality, protocol, customs and immigration support for visiting UN/UNDP officials as necessary
• Provides support with respect to protocol issues and requests for official documentation, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Punctual delivery of official protocol certificates; arrangements with UN departments for all issues related to official documentation to be provided to/from international staff, such as visa requirements, work permit, security requirements, health, etc.
• Arrangements with UN departments for official documentation to be provided for import/export or transfer of goods
• Establishment and maintenance of efficient working relationships with government ministries.
• Provision of accurate and comprehensive information to staff on the supporting documents needed by staff and his/her dependants, and import/export or transfer of goods; updated list of the required documents made available to each staff member/unit
• Individual monitoring sheet to track the status of submitted documentation for each staff member and dependants, ensuring that official documentation matches the announced schedule
• Accurate information provided to individual/unit upon request on administrative steps required and the status of his/her project file,
• Accurate and timely information on processes and pending issues to the concerned individuals/unit
• May supervise transportation services including client service, regular vehicle maintenance, insurance, and monitoring of consumption.
• Promptly reports and investigates vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items; update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
• Supervises external contractor for transportation services, including client service and processing of invoices.
3. Inventory, Asset Management, Custodial, Common Premises, and general Support
• Conducts physical inventory checks, drafting periodic inventory and asset reports.
• Acts as a custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
• Conducts and reports on surveys of office maintenance needs as well as client satisfaction
• Collects information for administrative surveys in support of the organization of common services.
4. Knowledge building and Knowledge sharing
• Supports the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on Administration-related topics.
• Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in Administration.
• Contributes feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively
• Maintains unit’s documentation including records and files, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or equivalent disciplines is desirable, but not required, and might substitute some years of experience.
• In the absence of a degree, administrative certification is an asset
• Minimum of five years of relevant experience in general administrative, or operations’ support services in national or international public or corporate organizations. A relevant Bachelor or Master’s degree may be considered in lieu of some or all the required years of relevant experience.
• Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
• Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling web-based management systems is required.
• Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is an asset.
• Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
Contract type, level and duration
This is a local position, it is therefore open to Nationals of Ukraine and to individuals who have a valid residence/work permit.
• Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement
• Contract level: Local Support Level 5
• Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
• Please note that UNOPS does not accept unsolicited resumes.
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process, which involves various assessments.
• UNOPS embraces diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity. Our workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities. UNOPS seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce.
• Qualified women and candidates from groups which are underrepresented in the UNOPS workforce are encouraged to apply. These include in particular candidates from racialized and/or indigenous groups, members of minority gender identities and sexual orientations, and people with disabilities.
• We would like to ensure all candidates perform at their best during the assessment process. If you are shortlisted and require additional assistance to complete any assessment, including reasonable accommodation, please inform our human resources team when you receive an invitation.
Terms and Conditions
• For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post.
• For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (they take around 4 hours to complete) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
• All UNOPS personnel are responsible for performing their duties in accordance with the UN Charter and UNOPS Policies and Instructions, as well as other relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, all personnel must demonstrate an understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in a manner consistent with UN core values and the UN Common Agenda.
• It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential personnel. Recruitment in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Інформація про вакансію
Опубліковано: 19 травня 2023
Актуально до: 31 травня 2023
Як відгукнутись на вакансію?
Будь ласка, увійдіть або зареєструйтесь, щоб побачити деталі.
Full time / Повна зайнятість
Управління ООН з обслуговування проектів (UNOPS
Провідний асистент, асистентка з адміністративних питань до UNOPS Kyiv jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.