Handicap International Kyiv Ukraine
1 week ago
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL
HI is engaged in supporting the Ukrainian population affected by the war : since February 28, two teams left for Ukraine and the neighboring countries to analyze the context, the security, and the needs.
To date, HI continues the implementation of its program in two countries, Ukraine and Moldova, with more than 20 expatriates and more than 50 employees recruited on the spot.
More than any other, HI ensures that humanitarian actions are inclusive, allowing the most vulnerable populations (people with disabilities, elderly, sick, injured) to have access to the help they need.
With a focus on physical rehabilitation, psychosocial support, shelter, access to food, water, and sanitation, explosive remnants of war risk education, and advocacy.
With its Atlas Logistics Unit, HI also ensures the delivery of humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach areas in the East for all NGOs in need thanks to its shared transport and storage activities.
For more information, visit our... website HERE
We need you to support our field teams in deploying this massive emergency response. Your help can make a difference. Join us!
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Your primary responsibilities : The main objective of the position is to contribute to the deployment of the HI emergency response.
You’ll be joining a team of 8 Specialists and Managers.
The issues and priorities will therefore be :
• Training and supervision of the protection and other sectors’ staff.
• Formalization of the protection mainstreaming strategy and framework.
• Supports the protection team in the operational, logistical and financial planning of the implementation of protection activities.
• Contribution to the definition and implementation of a data collection and analysis system related to the monitoring of the implementation of protection activities.
• Contribution to external coordination in the field of protection, GBV and CP.
• Contribution to the adjustment / scale-up of the intervention strategy.
For this purpose, you are responsible for :
Responsibility 1 : Developing the technical protection strategy :
Ensures technical support to projects in accordance with global technical frameworks and standards within its sectoral scope.
• Provides appropriate technical guidance and support to project teams as needed (adapts standards to PM tools, assists in proposal writing and reporting) in accordance with mandatory strategies, standards, and cross-cutting approaches.
• Develops adequate technical standards and guidance for the implementation of protection needs assessment, implementation of protection mainstreaming, GBV and child protection risk mitigation, capacity building, awareness and sensitization, community-based protection, beneficiary consultations and engagement of local stakeholders.
• Ensures adequate support for multi-sectoral interventions within projects, in accordance with other specialists.
• Ensures the control and the follow-up of the technical quality and the relevance of the activities of HI within the programs in its perimeter.
Responsibility 2 : Contributing to the local external prestige and influence of HI’s expertise :
• Represents HI's technical expertise in relevant local networks.
• Contributes to advocacy on specific issues in line with global advocacy priorities.
• Develops a thorough understanding of the protection environment in the Ukraine crises context and contributes to local communication messages in line with overall communication priorities.
Responsibility 3 : Ensuring the development of major opportunities or new projects within the region :
• Contributes to the analysis of the context within its sectoral perimeter.
• Contributes to the design and writing of new projects in the region.
• Identifies and develops local partnerships and / or consortia with NGOs, institutions, companies on technical priorities or important themes in the region within its sectoral scope.
The Protection Specialist will respect the security protocol defined.
PROFIL ATTENDU :
Education and experience
• You hold a Master’s Degree level qualification in Social Sciences, Psychology, Gender and / or Disability studies or other relevant field of study.
• You have Minimum 3 years professional experience in a technical advisory position in an emergency / chronic crisis setting.
• You have Minimum 5 years professional experience in implementation of protection projects.
• Clear understanding of child protection concerns, gender, human rights and violence against women and girls and protection mainstreaming as well as understanding of rights-based approach and rights of persons with disabilities, rights of children and women.
• Experience in emergency / conflict settings, initiating and managing humanitarian emergency response, including rapid needs assessment and emergency program design.
• Sounds understanding of protection issues with a special focus on GBV, SGBV and CP issues.
Skills and abilities
• Ability to foster Teamwork
• Strong writing and reporting skills
• Fluent English (oral and written)
• Integrity and accountability
• Adaptability and flexibility
• High level of autonomy and initiative
• Ability to work under high pressure
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
Anglais : Courant
SPECIFICITES / PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
CONDITIONS : Conditions
In HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. - 12 months International contract starting from July
• The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation :
• Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals
• Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees : If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level as your monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.
53€ / month; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.
53€ / month and a contribution of HI of the same amount
• Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution; Repatriation insurance paid by HI
• Salary from 2757€ gross / month upon experience
• Perdiem : 559.65 net / month - paid in the field;
• Hardship : 500 € net / month paid with your salary
• Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
• R&R : 5 days every 8 weeks >
• transport / package support : Ceiling plane tickets : 300 € A / R / Accommodation allowance : 275€
• Position : unaccompanied; Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa)
• Housing : Collective took in charge by HI
• If you live in your home country : package local
Protection Specialist Ukraine – 12 months Kyiv jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.