Navartis Derby United Kingdom
1 week ago
Environment and Sustainability Advisor
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Environment and Sustainability Advisor to join a tier one contractor and work on a track renewals project which is very fast paced and covers a large geographical area in the south west and up to Birmingham.
This company are forward thinking, offer great training and development opportunities and are recognised for their great culture, which puts their people first.
Key responsibilities for this Environment and Sustainability Advisor role:
1. Oversee Environment & Sustainability activities on behalf of the Head of HSQE to ensure
Rail Services comply with all Environment & Sustainability policy and legal requirements.
2. Produce the Services EMS and Sustainability Plans ensuring that objectives and targets
are implemented and integrated to raise the profile of Environment & Sustainability.
3. Provide professional advice & guidance on maintenance of Environment & Sustainability
management system to... ensure continual improvement, including use of best practice.
4. Monitor Environment & Sustainability performance through audits and inspections and
ensure audit plans & targets are achieved, and the business remains compliant with all
management guidance, rules, and regulations.
5. Ensure that all accidents, incidents and significant close-calls and near misses are
reported, investigated and that all lessons learnt from investigations, surveillance and
data analysis are disseminated, understood, and embedded.
6. Report progress against agreed Environment & Sustainability KPI.
Experience required for this Environment and Sustainability Advisor role:
- Qualifications Professional Qualifications in environment / sustainability.
- Wide construction industry experience in an environmental / sustainability role with
evidence of successful delivery
- Experience of working with Environmental Management Systems, including
understanding of legislation, issues, policies, procedures and practicalities within heavy
plant/machinery or construction industry.
- Competent in development and delivering training and workshops for all levels of staff.
- Highly proficient in use of Office applications: Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Good collaborative and interpersonal working skills, good communication at all levels.
Desirable experience required for this Environment and Sustainability Advisor role:
- NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate or assessed equivalent
- Environmental / Engineering degree (MSc level preferred)
- Environmental Incident Investigator
- Competent ISO 14001 Auditor
- Ideally Member of an appropriate professional institute, e.g. IEMA holder.
- Experience of the industry, ideally railway, but professionals with a construciton background would be considered
- Strong experience of working in a customer led environment.
Package offered for this Environment and Sustainability Advisor role:
- Hybrid working
- Good package
- Exciting projects throughout the UK
How to apply for this Environment and Sustainability Advisor role:
If you are interest in this Environment and Sustainability Advisor position, then please apply via this job board or email Becca Stanton on [email protected]
Apply now for this Environment and Sustainability Advisor role for further details and immediate consideration. Navartis are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Service advertised by Navartis are that of an Employment Agency/Business
Environmental & Sustainability Advisor Derby jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.