Majid al Futtaim Properties
Majid al Futtaim Properties Dubai - United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
4 days ago
Majid Al Futtaim Retail invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you. Reporting to: Senior Quality Manager Function: International Merchandise Location: Majid Al Futtaim Retail, Corporate Head Offic
The Private Label Packaging Quality Manager is responsible... to manage and ensure the proper execution of the packaging strategy for the Private label. He/she will lead the packaging & plastic reduction initiatives. Ensure the Quality, Safety and compliance of our packaging with legal requirements.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Strategy and Planning
• Implement the private label quality and sustainability strategy and procedures for Majid Al Futtaim Retail.
• Ensure compliance of the private label products with the regulation and standards related to packaging materials
• Defining along with the PL quality manager the packaging material strategy based on product’s category.
• Supporting Majid Al Futtaim Retail countries with technical knowledge, import rules & regulation.
• Follow with the commercial and PL quality teams the PL development plan and new launching projects with specific Eco-friendly claims.
• Following development project’s steps to ensure delivering of right packaging to right country at right time as per development plan.
• Ensure compliance of all the existing PL products with the local regulation & following any updates regarding packaging materials.
• Managing packaging development with PL suppliers including mould design, development, cromaline validation and commissioning.
• Lead the packaging & plastic reduction strategy in the PL products.
• Identify packaging concept and development in line with manufacturing and marketing requirements.
• To drive various cost saving initiatives and ensure their implementation across all the categories.
• Prepare lab analysis control plan & sampling plan for existing PL products regrading packaging material.
• Define quality and safety policy for the packaging materials for the PL products (Food & DPH).
• Validate any lab non-conformity raised by the labs before send it to suppliers and validate action plan provided by suppliers.
• Validate with supplier the customer complaints action plans and along with supportive technical documents.
• Participate in the recall committee & follow up on the action plans.
• Participate in the supplier selection committee in the new product development projects.
• Review & validate the technical specification sheet along with supportive technical documents.
Communication and Reporting
• Coordinate reporting and communication flow at all levels externally with the supplier & internally with the other teams.
• Collaborate with the commercial and PL Quality teams to prepare the PL development action plan and ensure timely completion of work
• Maintaining a good communication with suppliers, authorities and services providers to guarantee the professional image of the company.
• Follow up & keep updated for the regulation changes & updates.
• Prepare the monthly reports regarding the quality activities as per direction.
Human Capital Responsibilities
• Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
• Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
• Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
• Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
• Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
• Ensure the implementation of MAF Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures
• Ensure alignment of procedures in accordance with the Delegation of Authority (DOA)
• Ensure that financial aspects of the third-party services providers are adhered to the contracts and those contracts are renewed in a timely fashion.
• Propose and take necessary measures towards continuous reduction of the operational costs.
• Provide inputs on the preparation of budget when necessary
Definition of Success
• Develop PL products that meet the brand quality and packaging strategy.
• Compliance with applicable standards and guidelines.
• Proper time management and multitasking capability.
• Efficient Monitoring and control plan (packaging) for the existing products
• Efficient handling of Non-conformities (complaints, lab Analysis)
• Customer satisfaction.
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
• Bachelor degree of Engineering / packaging technology / industrial manufacturing or equivalent
• 3 to 5 years professional experience in a similar position
• Strong knowledge in packaging industries for food & Non-food sectors.
• Experience on R&D, new product development or regulatory compliance.
• Knowledge of Quality & production process associated with the development and monitoring of packaging materials
• Auditing skills based on the international management systems
• Ability to assess the severity of non-compliance and conduct appropriate corrective actions on time
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Managerial Skills
• Strong planning and organization skills with sense of priorities.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• English (Full professional proficiency - Required), Arabic is preferred, French is plus
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Jobs in Dubai - United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
Quality Manager Packaging Dubai - United Arab Emirates jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.