Empower AI Inc
Empower AI Inc Arlington VA United States
1 week ago
Empower AI is AI for government. Empower AI gives federal agency leaders the tools to elevate the potential of their workforce with a direct path for meaningful transformation. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Empower AI leverages three decades of experience solving complex challenges in Health, Defense, and Civilian missions. Our proven Empower AI Platform® provides a practical... sustainable path for clients to achieve transformation that is true to who they are, what they do, how they work, with the resources they have. The result is a government workforce that is exponentially more creative and productive. For more information, visit Empower.ai.
Empower AI is proud to be recognized as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer by Viqtory, the publisher of G.I. Jobs. This designation reflects the company’s commitment to hiring and supporting active-duty and veteran employees.
As the Information Systems Security Specialist (NGSB), you will act as a model of customer service excellence to all organizational staff members in the Office of Military Commissions (OMC) as part of DISA’s Joint Service Provider (JSP) Service Delivery contract. You will be responsible for participating with a team of highly qualified professionals and interacting daily with the customer to ensure productivity and resolve IT issues that the end-users may have with existing desktops, laptops, software installation issues, and other critical needs. Further, you will participate in the planning and implementing key OMC IT initiatives anticipated during this effort. Although this position resides in Naval Station Guantanamo Bay (NSGB), there may be a requirement to travel to the NCR occasionally.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all OMC information systems meet Department of Defense Instruction 8500.01 mandated Cybersecurity requirements.
• Provide Information System Security Officer (ISSO) support for OMC systems
• Facilitate information system authorization to operate (ATO) compliance and re-accreditations IAW with DOD 8510.01 and ICD503.
• Facilitate registration and maintenance of OMC information systems in the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) system. This support is inclusive of all efforts associated with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities.
• Facilitate the completion and submission of waivers, exception to policy requests, and system change requests.
• Provide Host Based Security System (HBSS) client management.
• Implement and maintain anti-virus and malicious code protection for all OMC information systems using government-provided software.
• Provide and/or facilitate the distribution and installation of security patches.
• Provide security vulnerability scanning and reporting using government provided applications.
• Support scheduled OMC Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI), and security assessment visits (SAV).
• Provide onsite incident management during normal working hours for NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS and Special Access Systems and equipment.
• In addition, the contractor may be required to provide surge support after normal working hours to include weekends and holidays as approved by the COR.
• Participate in the implementation of an enterprise knowledge base and knowledge management best practices.
• Coordinate with OMC and JSP IT support teams to resolve customer incidents/problems, fulfill service requests, and institute continuous improvement initiatives and methods.
• Resolve customer issues effectively or escalate them to appropriate support tiers.
• Work with management in assessing staff performance/reviews/changes.
• Assist in the professional and technical development of the team
• Shall possess at the time of award a TOP SECRET w/ SCI Eligible security clearance
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into PC and software issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Education and Experience:
• Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or in related fields
• Required Experience: 8-10 years of experience or 6-8 years of experience with Master’s
• Preferred Experience: 5+ years of ISSO experience with DOD or IC (DIA), especially with P2P solutions.
• DoD 8570 IAT II certification (e.g., Security+, CND, CCNA-Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
• VPC Data Virtualization and/or End User Computing
• ITILv3 Foundation minimum certification
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
• Sitting for long periods
• Standing for long periods
• Ambulate throughout an office
• Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
• Repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 50 pounds
About Empower AI
It is the policy of Empower AI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Empower AI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Arlington VA USA
Jobs in Arlington VA United States
Information Systems Security Specialist NGSB Arlington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.