Southwest Research Institute
Southwest Research Institute San Antonio TX United States
1 week ago
Who We Are :
Join the Defense and Intelligence Solutions as a Cyber Security Specialist, working to support software solutions spanning customer field sites, as well as Air, Land, and Sea Platforms...
Enjoy a flexible work schedule, excellent benefits, and working alongside great teammates.
Objectives of this Role :
• On Linux based software systems, hardening and encrypting systems, to include developing scripts as necessary.
• On Linux OS, investigating and implementing cyber security protocols and performing the tasks to resolve POAMs.
• Perform scans and evaluations of system.
• Provide full Assessment & Authorization (A&A) support and technical security guidance in all phases of the system accreditation process and / or Risk Management Framework (RMF).
• Maintain A&A packages for the systems based on the customers’ policy and guidance.
• Conduct security review of information security plans for computers, networks, and information systems.
• Evaluate system, hardware, and software engineering requirements, designs, specifications, and contribute input into designs that will meet DoD Certification and Accreditation
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills, detailed oriented, the ability to work well within a team, and be proactive and self-directed.
• Lead effective communications with government security personnel during the accreditation lifecycle.
• Current DoD security Clearance is desired.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities :
• Perform tasks for all phases of the IA / Cyber Security lifecycle for software and hardware products : to include conducting vulnerability scanning, implementing IAVA and other security patches to test systems, documentation creation.
• Proficiency in Linux is required.
• Conduct Linux administrative tasks to harden the systems to meet the security requirements.
• Implement encryption of SW and HW, multi-factor authentication, privileged account structures, and other system security features to support accreditation.
• As needed, conducting Security Controls Assessments (SCA) to determine the effectiveness and compliance of implemented controls and document results in a Security Assessment Report.
• Develop and maintain Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
• Contribute to the creation of the Security System Plans (SSP) and other security relevant documentation for computer systems and applications;
communicating accrediting agencies and organizations, developing and presenting system security materials.
• Collaborate with software and hardware teams, system integrators, and admins to understand security requirements and proactively working through findings with points of contact.
Requires a Bachelors degree in Information Assurance, Cyber Security, Security Engineering, IT or related field or a high school diploma or equivalent with a combination of continuing education and related certifications and a minimum of 2 years professional level related experience.
Proficiency in Linux is required.
• Current DoD security Clearance is desired.
• 2-10 years : Conducting scans, performing system encryption and hardening, Linux security administration implementation.
• 2-10 years : Conducting Security Scans, Working off and resolving the findings of the Security Scans. Create or contribute to security documentation.
• 2-10 years : Minimum of 1 security certifications, i.e. Security+, CISSP, CISM, CASP or the ability to obtain Security+ or CISSP, certification within 6 months of employment
• 2-10 years : Presenting to internal and external customers risk levels, SSPs, and controls for the target system.
• A valid / clear driver's license is required.
Special Requirements :
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations : San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here .
For benefits information at all other locations, click here .
An Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Race / Color / Religion / Sex / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity / National Origin / Disabled / Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
If you need assistance with completing the application, please Contact Us
Back To Top
Last updated : 2023-05-18
San Antonio TX USA
Jobs in San Antonio TX United States
Sr it specialist San Antonio jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.