Calix United States United States
2 weeks ago
This is a remote position that could be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Calix is leading a service provider transformation to deliver a differentiated subscriber experience around the Smart Home and Business, while monetizing their network using Role based Cloud Services, Telemetry, Analytics, Automation, and the deployment of Software Driven Adaptive networks...
As part of a high performing global engineering team, the right candidate will play a critical role in expanding the Calix Cloud Infrastructure capabilities and be part of a team that leads the effort defining and architecting a world class in-home eco-system. Calix Cloud empowers service providers with solutions for Insights and real time data to support delivery of the best customer experiences, improve operational efficiency and drive market penetration.
Responsibilities And Duties
• Design, develop and maintain next generation cost effective and scalable infrastructure for managing large scale deployment of home networks, efficiently collecting data from these deployments to support use cases for generating real time and analytical insights.
• Provide technical leadership and guide other engineering team members on a daily basis.
• Work closely with Cloud product owners to understand, analyze product requirements, provide feedback, and deliver a complete solution.
• Technical leadership of software design in meeting requirements of service stability, reliability, scalability, and security.
• Participate and drive technical discussions within engineering group in all phases of the SDLC: review requirements, produce design documents, participate in peer reviews, produce test plans, support QA team, provide internal training and support TAC team.
• Support test strategy and automation in both end-to-end solution and functional testing.
• Customer facing engineering role in debugging and resolving field issues.
• Calix requires all employees based in North America who will work onsite at a Calix office, attend in-person meetings, and/or travel on behalf of Calix to be fully vaccinated. Calix will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required under applicable law.
• BS degree in Computer Science, engineering, or mathematics or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years of highly technical, hands-on software engineering experience.
• Independent and Self driven and works in a Team.
• Strong, creative problem-solving skills and ability to abstract and share details to create meaningful articulation.
• Ability to drive technical discussions across x-functional teams.
• Strong background in designing and developing event-based / pub-sub workflows & data ingestion solutions. Proficiency and hands on experience with Kafka at scale (or similar) desired.
• Experience in/Knowledge of protocols & technologies for managing home gateways (TR-069/TR-369/USP , TR-98/TR-181), in-home services, monitoring and efficiently curating data from millions of IoT/Wi-Fi devices a plus.
• Good Experience with WebSocket, MQTT and similar technologies at different layers for efficient data abstraction and transfer for large scale data connections.
• Good understanding of implementation and deployment of Cloud based solutions (preferably AWS)..
• Proficient in networking concepts and triaging related issues
• Strong background in transactional databases and good understanding and experience with no-SQL datastores.
• Organized and goal-focused, ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
• Remote-based position located in the United States or Canada
Jobs in United States United States
Staff Software Engineer - Cloud Engineer Infrastructure United States jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.