Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company
Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company West Jefferson OH United States
2 weeks ago
Yoh has a fantastic direct hire opportunity with our client Battelle!
Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency...
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Job Summary The Life Science Research Team is seeking an experienced Toxicologist Chemical to support our clients’ toxicology, and inhalation research programs. Our multidisciplinary integrated approach to providing critical solutions for our pharmaceuticals, biotech, agrichemical, industrial, and government clients increases the speed of the development while maintaining quality and compliance.
The Toxicologist functions as a study director within the organization and has oversight of the scientific elements of projects to ensure successful implementation and/or study completion of toxicology studies. This position analyzes and reports results for publication and/or to sponsor, provides scientific instruction to other members of the project team, and collaborates with other senior members of the staff on projects/research. This position may also be responsible for the supervision, oversight, scheduling, training, and mentoring of individuals within Battelle’s Life Science Research Center. Individuals filling this position must be and remain knowledgeable of emerging trends and may contribute to and influence best practices within the discipline.
This position is responsible for the organization, management, and business performance of non-clinical toxicology studies.
This position is located in West Jefferson, OH.
• Serves as Study Director on toxicology, biodistribution, pharmacokinetic, efficacy, and related studies for commercial and government sponsors.
• Interfaces directly with client’s scientific staff as appropriate.
• Design toxicology studies to develop animal models and then test medical counter-measure efficacy.
• Reviews toxicology data and authors toxicology study reports, or portions thereof, as appropriate.
• Partners with Business Development, Project Management, and Proposals to ensure successful client engagement, proposal development, study execution, and deliverables upon study completion.
• Participates in proposal generation and performs scientific/technical review of proposals.
• In collaboration with the business development team and senior toxicology staff, is responsible for new pipeline development; accountable for some level of revenue generation.
• Drafts protocols, amendments, departmental notifications, and study comments forms, ensuring correct grammar, punctuation, consistency in format and style, and adherence to regulatory requirements and contract language.
• Identifies and incorporates exceptions to GLP conduct into GLP study protocols as applicable (e.g., systems/processes that are not validated).
• Reviews and approves Provantis study setups.
• Participates in all required training.
• Follows FDA GLP and other appropriate regulatory (e.g., OECD, ICH) requirements to ensure all experimental data, including observations of unanticipated findings, are accurately recorded and verified.
• Observes appropriate safety and study requirements by reading, understanding, and following SOP’s, GLP regulations, and study protocols.
• Reviews SOP’s associated with study conduct and incorporates language into the protocol describing procedures or processes when necessary.
• Authors, updates, and/or reviews area-specific SOP’s, ensuring that SOP’s reflect current practices.
• Manages studies within time and budget constraints.
• Oversees the building of new capabilities to bring in new technologies and services.
• Within defined policies and procedures, provides resolution to complex scientific problems within a specified program.
• PhD degree in life sciences discipline or Master’s degree with 2+ years prior experience or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years prior experience.
• Expertise in in-vivo design, execution, interpretation of small-molecule toxicology studies.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills including correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Prior presentation experience.
• Must be a US citizen with the ability and willingess to obtain security clearance.
• Additionally, will require ability to obtain and maintain the following: DOJ Security Risk Assessment approval, CDC Approval to work with BSAT material, Chemical Personal Reliability Program (NACLC required) and Biological Suitability Assessment Program. Ability to work in biosafety level 2 (BSL2) (biocontainment) and wear appropriate respiratory protection. Requires participation in random drug screening. Willing to be immunized with FDA licensed vaccines and Investigational New Drugs (IND) recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposure of biological agents.
• Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology certified OR DABT eligible – if not already certified, candidate will be required to become board certified within five years of hire date.
• Demonstrated competency in regulated environment including prior experience working in a GLP or similarly regulated environment.
Benefits: Live an Extraordinary Life
We care about your well-being, not just on the job. Battelle offers comprehensive and competitive benefits to help you live your best life.
• Balance life through a compressed work schedule: Most of our team follows a flexible, compressed work schedule that allows for every other Friday off—giving you a dedicated day to accomplish things in your personal life without using vacation time.
• Take time to recharge: You get paid time off to support work-life balance and keep motivated.
• Prioritize wellness: Stay healthy with medical, dental, and vision coverage with wellness incentives and benefits plus a variety of optional supplemental benefits.
• Better together: Coverage for partners, gender-affirming care and health support, and family formation support.
• Build your financial future: Build financial stability with an industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan. For most employees, we put in 5 percent whether you contribute or not, and match your contributions on top of that.
• Advance your education: Tuition assistance is available to pursue higher education.
• Flexible work arrangements: You have options for where you work and when you work.
A Work Environment Where You Succeed
For brilliant minds in science, technology, engineering and business operations, Battelle is the place to do the greatest good by solving humanity’s most pressing challenges and creating a safer, healthier and more secure world.
You will have the opportunity to thrive in a culture that inspires you to:
• Apply your talent to challenging and meaningful projects
• Receive select funding to pursue ideas in scientific and technological discovery
• Collaborate with world-class experts in an inclusive environment
• Nurture and develop the next generation of scientific leaders
• Give back to and improve our communities
Vaccinations & Safety Protocols
Battelle may require employees, based on job duties, work location, and/or its clients’ requirements to follow certain safety protocols and to be vaccinated against a variety of viruses, bacteria, and diseases as a condition of employment and continued employment and to provide documentation that they are fully vaccinated. If applicable, Battelle will provide reasonable accommodations based on a qualified disability or medical condition through the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation Act or for a sincerely held religious belief under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (and related state laws).
Battelle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
Note: Any pay ranges displayed are estimations. Actual pay is determined by an applicant's experience, technical expertise, and other qualifications as listed in the job description. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process
West Jefferson OH USA
Jobs in West Jefferson OH United States
Toxicologist West Jefferson jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.