National Heritage Board
National Heritage Board Singapore Singapore
1 week ago
What the role is
Assistant Manager / Manager (Collections & Exhibitions), HIs
In this role, you will contribute to the smooth and efficient management of the Heritage Institutions’ collections and exhibitions-related functions. You will ensure the successful delivery of special exhibitions and gallery rotations for Malay Heritage Centre (MHC), Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall (SYSNMH) and Indian Heritage Centre (IHC).
This is both a technical role and one that requires strategic planning and management.
Beside project-managing exhibition projects, you will also handle artefacts and work out the best way to display them with fellow passionate museum professionals like the curators. You will also be involved in designing the exhibition mounting and lighting to display our artefacts in their best form. If you are one who would relish a mix of hands-on and analytical work, we want you!
• Plan and manage exhibition projects, including scheduling, arrange logistics... monitor aspects of exhibition design and fabrication.
• Coordinate with curators, collections managers, conservators as well as project partners and contractors to ensure successful and timely delivery of all galleries and exhibitions works.
• Provide special art-handling of artefacts during installation and de-installation of gallery displays and exhibitions.
• Design and provide specialist mounting for artefacts; and this includes providing creative mounting solutions according to the aesthetic, conservation and structural requirements of each artefact.
• Plan and carry out specialist lighting of galleries and exhibitions, including display and ambient lighting in line with conservation guidelines.
• Manage the schedule for regular gallery maintenance including conservation of artefacts on display, maintenance of showcases, lighting and security of gallery displays, as well as environmental controls.
• Registrar support for exhibitions, gallery rotation and maintenance works, as well as building development works, including artefact movement tracking, art-handling supervision, logistics and conservation arrangements, and maintenance of artefact inventory records.
• Administrative support to the Collections & Exhibitions department including procurement of goods and services, housekeeping, management of related supplies, equipment etc.
• Preferably at least 3 years of relevant experience in the museum industry.
• Sensitivity to historical artefacts and familiarity with museum environmental conditions will be an added advantage.
• Efficient, organised and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience and knowledge in the use of different types of lighting to complement a variety of artworks. Must be comfortable with heights and working on a ladder.
• Meticulous and attentive to details especially with regards to technical drawings and installations.
• Ability to produce basic computer drawings and visuals with CAD and 3D rendering software will be added advantage.
• Interest in history, heritage and museums in general is highly advantageous.
• All applicants will be notified whether they are shortlisted within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.
What you will be working on
What we are looking for
Assistant Manager / Manager (Collections & Exhibitions), HIs Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.