SumUp Services GmbH
SumUp Services GmbH Berlin Germany
4 days ago
As an iOS Engineer in the Global Bank Tribe, you'll play a key part in helping us build SumUp's own digital bank. You'll be part of an autonomous team that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution.
As a Mobile Engineer, you'll be responsible for building reliable, secure and easy-to-use features inside our mobile app that's exposed to millions of users across the globe. You'll empower customers with smooth, effortless and engaging banking experience. You will be a part of a Global Bank Tribe, which means that you will have experience working with people from different places around the world and the freedom to experiment with new things and apply your ideas in our products.
What you'll do
• Work alongside our mobile engineering team, consisting of both iOS and Android developers along with the backend specialists.
• Build our banking mobile app to help provide banking operations for our merchants across the world.
• Dive into the code and learn how... to create clean components in our codebase, develop and refine features and how we write tests and keep performance tip-top.
• Develop major features that impact our merchant base.
• Work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable and beautiful.
• Help us rethink problems we've solved before in a different way as needs evolve.
• Develop a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain as well as its implications in the interface and the backend - and how to manage it in a clean way. You'll be great for this role if
• You're comfortable with Swift programming and the iOS ecosystem and have 3+ years of development experience.
• You care about user interaction, usability, and of course, making the interface beautiful.
• You have experience with Cocoapods dependency management in iOS apps
• You strive for clean code and know how to write flexible tests that won't break
• Knowledge of different test strategies, such as unit, snapshot etc.
• Knowledge of design patterns mostly used in mobile development (dependency injection, observers etc)
• You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it the frameworks, languages or processes.
• You know what MVP and MVVM are.
• Technology excites you and you strive to learn something new on a daily basis.
• You have great English communication skills. Why you should join SumUp
• We're a truly global team of 3000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
• You'll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in flat hierarchies.
• You'll attend global offsites and regular team events.
• You'll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
• We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days' paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
• This role can be based in Berlin or remote within EU About SumUp
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder's mentality and a 'team-first' attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don't tick every box, it's ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don't tick every box, it's ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp
iOS Engineer - Global Bank Berlin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.