Vancouver Coastal Health
Vancouver Coastal Health Bella Bella Canada
2 weeks ago
This job was posted on our former career site as Posting #159592
Come work as a Combined Lab & Radiology Technologist (CLXT) with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)! Relocation Assistance and Staff housing may be available.
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Combined Lab & Radiology Technologist (CLXT) to join the Clinical Laboratory team at R.W. Large Memorial Hospital in Bella Bella, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Combined Lab & Radiology Technologist (CLXT) at VCH you will:
• Be responsible for the routine technological duties, maintaining standards, quality control, maintaining instruments, scheduling of patients, and everyday problem solving in both the x-ray and lab departments.
• Maintain and work within the Diagnostic Accreditation Program (DAP) standards.
ABOUT BELLA BELLA, BC
Bella Bella is a beautiful island community off the central coast of British Columbia, 690 km north of Vancouver. It is surrounded by a magical world of channels, inlets... and old growth forest. It is home to salmon, orcas, humpbacks, bald eagles and the other denizens of the Pacific Northwest. The climate is mild and the area is a paradise for kayaking, sport fishing, hiking and photography.
The R.W. Large Memorial Hospital in Bella Bella has 7 acute beds, 7 long term care beds and a 4-bed emergency department open 24/7, along with Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging services. It offers telehealth services as well as speciality clinics. R.W. Large Memorial Hospital also has an Intensive Case Management team for mental health and substance use. There is a medical clinic and a pharmacy located in the hospital. The healthcare team consists of Physicians, RNs, LPNs, PCAs, Laboratory and Radiology Technologists, Combined Lab/X-Ray Technologists, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Assistants, and Support Services Personnel.
R.W. Large Memorial Hospital is located on the traditional territories of the Heiltsuk Nation. It is one of the only provincial hospitals located on a reserve in all of Canada.
For more information, please refer to this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/aboriginal-peoples/information-indians.html#hdng2
Education & Experience
• Graduated from a recognized Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Technologist/Technician Program.
• Experience or program/curriculum based instruction in transfusion medicine.
• Eligible for membership with the British Columbia Society of Laboratory Science, the Canadian Society of Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Technologists and/or other recognized and related professional organization (such as the Alberta College of Combined Laboratory and X-ray Technologists (ACCLXT) or the Saskatchewan Association of Combined Laboratory and X-ray Technicians (SACLXT)).
Knowledge & Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Demonstrated ability to organize work.
• Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
• Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
• Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
• Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
• Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
• Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
• **Employees of VCH must apply online via the Internal Career Portal on CareerHub, you are currently viewing the External Career Portal. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for instructions on how to view internal job postings and how to apply as an employee. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
About the Company:
Vancouver Coastal Health
Bella Bella BC
Combined Lab & Radiology Technologist (CLXT) Bella Bella jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.