Primary Engineering & Construction
Primary Engineering & Construction Regina Canada
2 weeks ago
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces throughout Canada.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
We are growing our service offerings in the Transmission and Substation design segments and are looking for experienced professionals to join our team and help build our company competence in the segments. The successful candidate would provide technical leadership to a dedicated and hard working team and work in conjunction with the department manager to successfully execute on... projects.
We have an opening for an experienced Electrical Substation Engineer. This role can be based in any of our branches across Canada (Burnaby, Kelowna, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, or Mississauga).
Perform and direct others in the detailed design of medium to high voltage utility and private substations including the development of:
• Station layout and preliminary design documentation
• High Voltage structure layout and specification
• High Voltage Switch specification and design
• High Voltage/Medium Voltage Circuit Breaker Specification and design Integration
• High Voltage Power Transformer Specification and design Integration
• Medium Voltage Bus layout, specification, and design
• Modern protective relaying techniques applicable to substation protection system
• Communications equipment specification and design
• SCADA interface specification and design
• Grounding design per IEEE 80 and latest software tools
• Lightning Shielding Studies
• Writing of substation equipment specifications, proposal development, construction cost estimates, and project scheduling.
• Grow and manage client relationships through relationships with alliance clients.
• Provide technical leadership to less experienced staff in substation project execution.
• Perform QA/QC for deliverables to ensure high quality work is produced and OQM practices are followed
• Delivery of project execution and accountable to department manager
• Engineer of Record for substation projects
• Ensure adherence to schedule in collaboration with the project team
• Off-site meetings and site checks
• Project estimating and material take-offs
• Initiate and partake in customer and stakeholder meetings
• Design coordination with customers, municipal authorities, utilities & various project stakeholders
• Other duties as required including (but not limited to) 25kV system designs to support our existing business channels
The successful candidate should have:
• Bachelor's Degree (Electrical preferred) from a recognized college or university
• Professional Engineer designation with APEGS or equivalent
• 8 or more years of substation design experience is an asset
• Ability to work Independently or as a team member
• Experience filling the role of project engineer for multiple projects occurring concurrently.
• Be a self-starter requiring minimal supervision
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to autonomously manage workload to control multiple tasks with a very high degree of accuracy, while meeting project deadlines
• Strong English language skills (verbal and written), ability to develop strong business relationships and act in a professional manner
• A passion for your work and a drive for excellence
• Experience in an electrical utility environment is preferred
• Class 5 driver’s license
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, Health Care Spending Account, flex days, and a number of career and professional development opportunities.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence.
• *Please Note, you must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid work permit**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
• Casual dress
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• RRSP match
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision care
• Wellness program
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus pay
• Overtime pay
• Bachelor's Degree (required)
• substation design: 5 years (required)
• Professional Engineer license (preferred)
• Driving Licence (required
Electrical Substation Engineer Regina jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.