Burns & McDonnell
Burns & McDonnell Toronto Canada
2 weeks ago
Burns & McDonnell’s Energy Storage team offers storage solutions that take clients from project conception, siting and permitting to turnkey design, construction, and startup. As one of the only firms in North America to offer a fully integrated turnkey solution in the energy storage industry, Burns & McDonnell has the market expertise to manage a wide variety of storage technologies including lithium-ion, flow, and mechanical storage systems. The company provides every essential service in the energy storage market and is seeking to add resources in the Canadian market who can support projects in the United States and Canada.
Burns & McDonnell is searching for well-rounded and driven Electrical Engineers with a focus on Energy Storage. This unique opportunity requires an individual who enjoys engineering, business development, and project management roles. A “seller-doer” type who has high-quality technical and interpersonal skills.
The Energy Storage team focuses on... renewable power generation and storage in both the utility-scale market and the commercial/industrial market and offers a wide range of design and project execution experiences. Services include initial battery sizing, use case evaluation, and technology selection to full detailed design. Current projects range in size from 1MW to 500MW with interconnection voltages of up to 500kV and include both standalone storage and storage plus other renewables such as hydroelectric, wind and solar.
Burns & McDonnell is searching for engineers with a passion for renewable energy who can assist with the design and execution of complex energy storage projects. Some specific duties & responsibilities include:
• Evaluating energy storage technology and providing guidance for clients on the best technology for the application.
• Perform marketing, project development, and proposal development for energy storage projects.
• Regularly meeting and corresponding with clients or outside personnel.
• Developing scope of work, conceptual design, and execution plans.
• Preparing engineering cost and labour estimates and schedules.
• Performing Project Management duties on energy storage consulting projects.
• Performing Lead Engineer duties on multi-discipline energy storage construction projects.
• Provide leadership, guidance, instruction, and mentorship to less experienced team members.
• Preparing or directing the creation of construction documents for the installation of energy storage facility electrical systems or equivalent related systems.
• Developing or directing the creation of equipment specifications, procurement, and factory acceptance testing of batteries, inverters, battery enclosures, and other miscellaneous equipment associated with energy storage projects.
• Coordinating project design assignments and design teams locally and with other office locations.
• Provide guidance and field engineering support to construction and startup personnel during construction and commissioning.
• This position requires approximately 20% travel to client offices and field project sites. Some travel may be overseas.
• Work experience which demonstrates progressive design and management responsibilities as well as knowledge of construction and commissioning of engineered designs.
• Has experience with design scope development, budget preparation and project execution meeting schedule requirements, and maintaining established budgets.
• This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
• Must be capable of interpreting and developing solutions to complex problems
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from accredited program. Minimum 3 years related experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
• EPC project experience preferred.
• Experience with energy storage in both utility-scale and/or large industrial facilities, including the following design types, is strongly preferred: battery technology/chemistry selection, battery sizing, one-line development, site arrangements, inverter selection, cable ampacity calculations, grounding, protective relaying and associated systems design and construction administration.
• Software experience utilizing SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar software is preferred.
• Field construction and commissioning experience is preferred.
• Excellent written & verbal communication, as well as strong analytical & problem-solving skills, are required.
• Ability to travel is preferred.
Job Electrical Engineering
Primary Location CA-ON-Toronto
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Req ID: 231329 Job Hire Type Experienced
Staff Electrical Engineer-Storage ESS (Toronto, ON) jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.