BBA inc. Québec City Canada
1 week ago
Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the... rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
Your future role on our team
We’re currently seeking an intermediate electrical engineer with strong business acumen to lead projects and establish business relationships with our clients in the energy and natural resources sectors.
By joining our team, you’ll be required to help with the various stages of project execution, from proposals to site monitoring and equipment commissioning for substations, including analysis studies of industrial power systems, detailed engineering and equipment specifications, and site surveys.
With us, you’ll get the
• Manage business relations and the quality of professional services.
• Supervise and participate in preparing proposals.
• Lead and carry out electrical engineering projects for industrial clients.
• Develop and implement work methods.
• Supervise the preparation, drafting and production of study reports.
• Be responsible for the design of power systems and approving related engineering documents.
• Manage the technical portions of projects (design reviews, costs, schedules).
• Share your technical knowledge with younger engineers on the team to prepare for and ensure technical succession.
Do your qualities and
values match our corporate culture?
• Thirst to learn and excel
• Inspirational leadership
• Constantly seeking sustainable and agile solutions
• Rigour and ethical
Overview of certifications and
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
• Member of the OIQ
• From 5 to 12 years of relevant experience in power systems and MV and HV equipment
• Available to travel among our Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Sept-Îles and Labrador City offices
• Available for short-term assignments outside our offices (mandatory) and long-term assignments (an asset)
• In-depth knowledge of electrical installation safety
• Thorough knowledge of MV and HV equipment and switchgear
• Intermediate knowledge of test equipment
• Intermediate knowledge of workplace safety (workers’ compensation) and field monitoring
• Knowledge of power flow studies, short-circuit studies, protection coordination and arc-flash hazard analysis
• Knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Outlook, MS Project, Excel)
• Proficient with ETAP, EMTP-RV, CYME and PSAF software
• Bilingual (English and French), both spoken and written, and ability to draft technical documents in both English and French
At BBA, you get many benefits
• Interesting growth opportunities to match your ambitions
• Wide playing field, based on your interests, from technical and team management to project management
• Participation in innovation projects
• A collaborative team that shares its ideas and knowledge
• Custom training and development plans
• Access to a profit-sharing program for all regular employees
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted
Québec City QC (+1 other)
Intermediate Electrical Engineer - copy Québec City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.