Veterans Health Administration
Veterans Health Administration Washington DC United States
1 week ago
Dietitian (Clinical) Job in Washington
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000), and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after a complete review of the EDRP application.
This Clinical Dietitian position is located within the Nutrition and Food Service (NFS) at the VA Medical Center in Washington D.C., serving as a medical nutrition expert. This position will be involved in the professional practice of dietetics in accordance with the guidance outlined in NFS directives, policies and procedures, and VA regulations governing the practice of dietetics. The clinical dietitian may be scheduled and assigned to any nutrition practice area. Major Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Planning, developing, and directing all nutritional care activities for assigned Veterans, including those with complex medical and nutritional needs
• Supporting the facility's mission and coordinating nutritional care with other health care providers, the Veteran, the Veteran's caregiver, and the community requiring expertise in a wide range of disease entities and treatment modalities.
• Maintains accurate record keeping of daily clinical activities and completes patient encounters using approved systems.
• Diagnosing nutrition problems and the nutrition ramifications of disease entities and medical treatment modalities
• Using assessment methodologies such as identifying physical signs of malnutrition, drug/nutrient interactions and depletions, and assessment of intake and nutrient losses
• Performing other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, rotating weekends and holidays.
Telework: Not Authorized
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Functional Statement #: PD99529S
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
EDRP Authorized: Contact [email protected], the EDRP Coordinator, for questions/assistance. Learn more,
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Washington DC USA
Jobs in Washington DC United States
Dietitian (Clinical) Washington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.