John Holland Melbourne VIC Australia
1 week ago
Title: Safety Advisor
Job Number: 16293
CYP Design & Construction Joint Venture (CYP D&C) has been contracted to design and build the tunnels and stations for the Metro Tunnel Project.
CYP D&C brings together three of Australia’s leading construction partners John Holland, Lendlease, and Bouygues Construction.
The Metro Tunnel Project will untangle the City Loop by taking three of Melbourne’s busiest train lines through a new tunnel under the city. It will create a new end-to-end train line from Sunbury to Cranbourne/Pakenham, with twin nine-kilometre tunnels and five new underground stations at Arden, Parkville, Anzac, and two new CBD stations – State Library and Town Hall – which will directly connect to the City Loop.
• Monitor compliance with the safety systems and procedures within the workplace and provide operational support to the project management team.
• Develop relationships with superintendents and... supervisors to ensure the H&S function is seen as a supporting partnership in the delivery of the project.
• Provide coaching and guidance of health and safety procedures to project superintendents and supervisors.
• Identify areas of improvement to deliver a consistent approach to health and safety across the CBD Precinct.
• Where required, participate in Project Wide Health and Safety improvement activities.
• Research and assist with the development of safety policies specific to the project.
• Administer safety programs for project employees.
• Assist with workers compensation claims and rehabilitation processes.
• Assist with conducting incident and accident investigations that may require litigation.
• Conduct routine safety inspections and monitoring work areas.
• Establish positive working relationships with project personnel and raise awareness of safety risks.
• Assist in the development of communications tools and records for all project safety meetings.
• Prepare and maintain reports and documentation concerning the aspects of project safety programs.
• Monitor and evaluate the project safety programs for value and effectiveness.
• Maintain knowledge of applicable legislative requirements including government regulations, standards and policies.
• Maintain professional relationships with regulatory bodies and clients to foster the professional image of the Metro Tunnel Project
• Evaluate, investigate and gather information that will address inadequacies concerning safety matters
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you demonstrate the following;
• Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
• Construction and/or Tunnelling HSE management (3 years)
• Available for potential night shift rotation – to be confirmed
CYP D&C is a diverse, flexible and inclusive organisation. We enable and empower our people and are committed to equal employment opportunities (EEO). We strive to remove barriers to help people join the CYP D&C team.
Consideration for these roles will be given to applicants that are able to demonstrate the relevant background and experience outlined.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Job Segment: Night, Operations
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Safety Advisor Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.