Eaton Espoo Finland
1 week ago
What you'll do:
The purpose of this position is development and deployment of the category strategy for the divisions in region the person will be responsible for (EMEA region divided between 2 team members) to drive optimal cost and conditions (commercial, quality, delivery). Be part of growing team of Category Managers managing global category spend of approximately $300 million. Develop, deploy, and manage all related contracts. Develop & build a reliable - world class supplier base regionally & globally. Develop efficient cost analysis processes of supplier quotations, with recommendations for preferred sources of supply. Manage annual cost negotiations with suppliers and develop pipelines of cost reduction activities. Develop market knowledge and Category expertise providing leadership guidance for whole organization in the region. Maintain and build internal stakeholder relationships with business units collaborating with other functions (finance, operations... quality, logistics, R&D) for any new product development as well as solving any existing problems and to prevent reoccurrence.
• Create and deploy in the region category strategies for each internal division you are working with and align these divisional strategies with relevant divisions and plants
• Optimize supplier base to drive the best cost and commercial conditions, quality and delivery performance: 5% cost reduction, net 90 as desired payment terms, 0 DPPM and 100% delivery performance as the ultimate goal
• Drive Regional Sourcing solutions for category strategy, optimizing spend in low-cost countries. Work closely with Procurement organizations.
• Provide expertise knowledge and leadership guidance to the whole organization for profit planning cycles, by providing support for expected cost down and materials economics. Create Annual Budget as part of Profit Planning for category in charge.
• Support New Product Developments to drive optimal cost for the whole organization in the region in line with short-, medium- and long-term strategies.
• Support Supplier Development, Quality and Supplier Quality Functions, and if necessary, lead, any quality actions / discussions with suppliers to solve existing quality problems
• Monitor category supplier base performance: PPM / OTD
• Initiate and Monitor progress for any design optimization activities with suppliers and IDEAS
• Work together with plants for negotiation plans for small supplier managed by the plants.
• Work with key suppliers to implemented Eaton negotiated component prices and secure timely implementation of resulting cost reduction.
• Bachelor degree
• 7 years' experience in EMS or electronics manufacturing/sourcing for electronic assemblies or components.
• Clear understanding of electronics manufacturing, basic understanding of sourcing (benefit if electronics sourcing experience).
• Strong communication skills, matrix organization skills, negotiation skills
EMS Category Manager, EMEA Espoo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.