Acorn by Synergie
Acorn by Synergie United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
Senior Design Engineer Department - HPC ProjectLocation:
Remote and Bristol (Aztec West)Our client has successfully secured a very large fire detection and alarm system design contract on the construction of a new nuclear power station.
Due to this workload, we are looking for Senior Design Engineers to join their growing team.
Key objective and scope:
The senior design engineer will be responsible for delivering fire alarm systems across multiply buildings at a high profile nuclear site in the South West of England.
The designs will comply with all relevant British/European and nuclear standards/rules and regulations such as BS5839, BS EN 54, BS9999 etc.Designation of post and position within departmental structure:
Reporting to the Design Manager, the Senior Design Engineer will have a thorough knowledge of all relevant British/ European Standards relating to fire detection and experience in the design, development and installation of large scale fire detection/aspirating... systems.
The successful candidate will need to manage all relevant aspects of the project ensuring tasks and objectives are completed on time to cost and quality.Main duties, responsibilities, and core competencies:
• Reviewing client building packages
• Preparing project documentation and plans
• Quality verification
• Project document management and co-ordination
• Weekly report to the Deputy Project Director
• Develop and deliver system wide operation and maintenance manuals
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards, uses easy-to-understand language appropriate for its intended audience
• Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the project, product, specifications and the documentation requirements
• Supporting and aiding in the development of an efficient and effective CAD process across all design engineers
• Management of documentation ie revision control, and file storage procedures
• Create and maintain the information architecture (layout & design) distribute and track original electronic document files in an precise and efficient manner
• In accordance with the designer capability statement, check and verify documentation and designs completed by engineers with a lower SQEP (Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person) level
• Mentoring Design Engineers, Graduate Engineers, Engineering Apprentices as required
• Chartered Electrical Engineer (desirable but not essential)
• Member of IET/ IEE or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
• Degree/HND (essential)
• Knowledge and experience working with and designing to BS5839 Part 1 (essential)
• Experience working in a similar electrical engineering environment in the nuclear industry and/or major construction projects (essential)
• Competent in generating technical documentation including specifications/reports and drawings etc.
• Experience in using Auto CAD / Navisworks (desirable but not essential)
• HND/OND (desirable but not essential)Knowledge and experience working with and designing to BS5839 Part 1 (essential)
• Extensive experience in design/commissioning fire alarm systems in the nuclear industry and/or major construction projects (essential)
• Competent in generating technical documents and specifications (essential)
• Experience in using Auto CAD system (desirable)
• Experience in using Navis works (desirable)External:
• Project clients - engineering, quality and purchasing
• Suppliers - key component and sub-contract suppliers
• External resources - consultants, engineering resources, marketing resourcesAcorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Senior Design Engineer United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.