First Recruitment Group
First Recruitment Group United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
Mechanical Design Engineer
£35k - 45k per year
Mech design Cumbria
Mechanical Design Engineer
• Basic Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
• 25 days holiday & Bank Holidays
• Flexible working hours scheme
• Company Pension
An established supplier of specialist engineering, manufacturing and technical services for applications within challenging, high integrity, environments.
The flexibility, technical expertise and integration of the multi-disciplined design teams are the basis of many effective and valuable long-term relationships with major companies within the nuclear industry.
The Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
• The Mechanical Design Engineer is a design engineer with responsibility for undertaking or complying with design tasks along with project management interaction.
• In addition, you will be involved with tendering tasks, quality compliance, health & safety and continual... improvement.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design Tasks
• Carrying out specific design tasks to meet the time, cost and quality requirements of projects. This may include but not be limited to;
• Scheme design generation consisting of:
• Design briefs and hand sketches along with 3D scheme models
• Scheme stress calculations/Scheme functional calculations
• Scheme design risk assessments/directive compliance assessments/scheme design review
Detail design generation consisting of:
• 3D detail models
• Detail stress calculations/Detail functional calculations/Detail design risk assessments
• Directive compliance assessments and detail design review
• Production of manufacturing documentation consisting of;
• 2D part, fabrication and assembly drawings and Factory acceptance tests
• Prepare method statements and also take charge of operation, maintenance and installation manuals along with technical construction files.
• Take part in in client meetings and testing activities along with commissioning activities and post project review meetings whilst maintaining the project's working folder. Checking of deliverables produced by other team members.
Project Management Interaction:
• Interact with project management staff to achieve the best outcome for the projects and agree remaining work durations. Highlight (at the earliest opportunity) when a task will not be completed to a previously agreed timescale and identify and report change.
• Tendering Tasks may include but not be limited to the production of concept designs and estimating durations for design of tender items along with composing technical responses to quotation requests.
• Complying with quality policies and procedures, with particular emphasis on design procedure and document numbering and control.
• Approval of Suppliers and Sub-Contractors.
Health & Safety:
• Complying with health and safety policies and procedures, with particular emphasis on taking reasonable care for own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
• Report all accidents and near misses to their Line Manager or Safety Representative. Do not operate any equipment they have not been specifically trained to use.
• Continual Improvement: Continually seek methods to improve personal, design office and company performance and efficiency
Key Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
• Participated in a variety of diverse projects or activities ranging in both size and complexity.
• Appreciation of manufacturing, assembly and test techniques
• Ability to manage his / her own workload and self-manage to deliver tasks
• Ability to make prioritisation decisions on non-critical or process driven work
• Ability to read, understand and work to procedures and standards
• Ability to work as part of a team and supervise or guide others in the delivery of similar tasks
• Is expected to need general supervision and ask for direction when required
• Is expected to be competent in the production of standard design deliverables
• Have an awareness of relevant design tools, techniques and methods
• Have an awareness of legislation and regulations applicable to their role and the projects they are working on.
• Degree / HND / Higher Apprenticeship in a related discipline
A genuine career opportunity for someone to join an established company in the nuclear sector on a permanent basis.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That’s why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates. If you would like more information please contact Jack Challinor
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Mechanical Design Engineer United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.