AECOM Warrington United Kingdom
6 days ago
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and... inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
AECOM operates to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses, and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated, and vital. As a Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
The AECOM Energy team are looking for talented Computational Designers to join their growing digital team.
The Computational Design summer placements at AECOM are incorporated into design teams and encouraged to use their understanding of computational design methods to develop or optimise processes used on real life projects.
You will work in collaboration with a diverse range of engineers, particularly, civil, structural, process and MEP, where you will have the opportunity to learn the engineering design requirements while having the opportunity to create a proof of concept for any design processes which you feel could be enhanced.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global design consultancy and on high profile projects, whilst providing you with real-life design engineering problems to overcome.
Computational Design summer placements will work with experienced engineers who will guide and mentor them during their time at AECOM. They will work on live projects where their role will include:
• Evaluating the need for new computational, parametric and automated design methodologies
• Documenting and presenting how the new methodologies enhance the design process and deliver adaptive solutions
• Preparation of proof of concept for new automated, computational or parametric design processes to demonstrate value for money
• Liaise with project teams about how to integrate new solutions into existing projects and design processes
• Development of computational design tools/solutions
• Assist in the development of parametric object libraries
• Working towards an MSc in Computational Engineering Design/Computational Architecture/Computational methods (or similar)
• Able to demonstrate legal right to work in the UK and meet the requirements for Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)
• Good knowledge and experience of visual programming languages/system, such as Grasshopper or Dynamo
• Good knowledge and experience of 3D modelling software, such as Revit or Rhino
• Ideally have knowledge and experience of programming languages, such as Python or C#
• Ideally have experience of developing scripts, processes and workflows
• Passionate about computational design, parametric design, generative design and design automation
• Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders, and sub-contractors alike)
• Enthusiastic and hard-working, with ambition and drive
• Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole
• Ability to work both in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus
• Capability to satisfy client and business expectations and be able to consider the wider financial and commercial implications of their action
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there’s never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Join us and let’s get started.
Business Line: Energy
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: Europe & India
Career Area: Engineering
Jobs in Warrington United Kingdom
Computational Design Summer Placement Warrington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.