Universal Business Team
Universal Business Team Bristol United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
We are currently seeking a Design Engineer to join a family-run SME based in Bristol. As a Technical Sales Design Engineer you will work within sales team to produce accurate BOMs, Quotations & Job Cards that meet customer expectations and enable accurate costing/margin protection. You will also provide accurate job cards to production to enable shop floor to build/produce jobs accurately to customer specification and liaise with shop floor team leaders & continuous improvement team leaders to resolve any engineering queries. This company operate in the vehicle manufacturing industry and therefore, vehicle design experience woudl be advantageous but not essential, ideally you will have mechanical or electrical design experience
Key duties and responsibilities...
• Create accurate BOMs/Job cards/quotations to customer specification to enable sales team to quote accurately.
• Specific focus on designing cost out of orders/opportunities to maximise margin benefit.
• Produce CAD drawings... to customer specification for Truck bodies & Van conversions.
• Product development & design to achieve key objectives around cost saving, sustainability, and market differentiation.
• Identify low GPH jobs and re-engineer as appropriate and work with sales to provide suitable solution that meets margin aspirations.
• Work with Manufacturing to identify opportunities for cost reduction and hours improvement.
• Detailed Handovers of projects to production where necessary.
• Join customer meetings where necessary to provide technical expertise and gather necessary information to be able to quote accurately.
• Produce CAD drawings for standard products that can be utilized by sales to send to customer for sign off ahead of orders and can also be utilized by procurement to send to suppliers.
• Assist in designing & creating standardised product range to streamline offering and focus on what we are best at.
• Produce build manuals for standard products.
• Proven experience in designing & value engineering
• Experience producing CAD drawing utilizing platforms such as solid works & drive works
• Strong commercial acumen & ability to value engineer to achieve margin targets
• Knowledge of Sales & Marketing
• Understanding of the commercial vehicle market
• Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HubSpot or other CRM systems
• Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
• Strong ethics and reliability
Salary- £35,000- £45,000 DOE
Monthly bonus for all employees
Monday- Friday 8.00am- 4.30pm
Jobs in Bristol United Kingdom
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.