Georgia Department of Public Health
Georgia Department of Public Health Atlanta GA Georgia
2 weeks ago
Pay Grade: L...
Connect passion with purpose. The Fulton County Board of Health provides a variety of services that help protect residents from health threats, increase access to health services to improve health outcomes, and provide information that assists Fulton County citizens in living healthier lives.
The agency is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of IT Business Analyst 3 within the Fulton County Board of Health in the Information Technology Division.
What we offer. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes a flexible work schedule, unique training opportunities, an employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long-term care, and life insurance; in addition to telework opportunities depending on the position.
Won't you join us?
Under broad supervision, analyzes customer business needs and participates in the planning, design and implementation of new or enhanced systems. Supports the user community in the use of functional business tools and support systems. May act as a team or project leader.
• Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
• Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
• Analyzes information to determine nature and extent of customer requirements and concerns
• Assesses and manages project risks, analyzing critical paths and establishing work breakdown structures
• Assists in the development of standards and procedures used in development of new or enhancement of existing systems
• Conducts quality assessments, operational procedures, and ensures that change management procedures are met
• Consults with vendors or technical staff to insure that functionality of automated system is consistent with adherence to laws, regulations, and best practice standards by users
• Coordinates project planning, development, monitoring and completion initiatives for multiple complex projects
• Develops change management plans for transition to new or upgraded systems
• Documents business processes for users of new or upgraded system
• May develop and administers training for business users
• May serve as liaison between customers and technical staff in implementation and development of business process automation
• Provides customer support in the maintenance of systems
• Tests new installations or upgrades
• Tracks and controls project resources and staffing
Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR Associate's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Three years of related experience OR Two years of experience at the lower level IT Business Analyst 2 (ITP061) or position equivalent.
• Bachelor’s Degree in the field or a related Information Technology or Computer related field
• 2+ years of supervisory experience in an IT environment
• Experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR) applications
• Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT applications
Data Utilization: Requires the ability to synthesize, hypothesize, and/or theorize concerning data involving modification of existing policies, strategies, and/or methods to meet unique or unusual conditions. Requires the ability to do so within the context of existing organizational theories and management principles.
Human Interaction: Requires the ability to function in a managerial capacity for a division or organizational unit; includes the ability to make decisions on procedural and technical levels.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization: Requires the ability to operate and control the actions of equipment and machinery, requiring the monitoring, adjustment, regulation, and/or setting of multiple conditions.
Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, advisory, and/or design data and information.
Mathematical Aptitude: Requires the ability to perform moderately complex algebraic and geometric operations; ability to utilize principles of basic probability and statistical inference.
Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of logical or synthesis functions; deal with concrete and abstract variables; and analyze major problems that require complex planning for interrelated activities that can span one or several work units.
Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness, and creativity in critical and/or unexpected situations involving moderate risk to the organization.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or email. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for the next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive a notification. This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
• District 3-2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
The State will not unlawfully consider an applicant’s race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, genetic information, political affiliation, protected uniformed service, or other legally protected categories when making selections.
The candidate chosen for employment will be subject to Criminal Background Check/Fingerprinting, Reference Checks
Atlanta GA USA
IT Business Analyst 3 (IT) Atlanta jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.