StructureCraft Builders Inc.
StructureCraft Builders Inc. Abbotsford Canada
1 week ago
Want to come work with us to engineer some of the most advanced timber structures in North America?
StructureCraft is a structural engineering and timber construction firm based near Vancouver, BC and operating across North America and Asia. Our young and dynamic team of structural engineers plays a key role in our organization and is one of the top timber engineering teams in North America. Working closely with architects and our detailing and project management teams, our engineers create efficient and practical designs for structures of all scales and complexities, from mass timber to freeform.
As a Senior Structural Engineer joining our growing team, you will lead teams of project engineers working on creative structures with some of North America and Europe’s foremost architects. Our design philosophy is strongly focused on creating efficient structures, and our computational engineering team pioneers the use of the latest in form-finding and optimization techniques to... enable this.
Location: We are based in Abbotsford, with an office in Vancouver. We would expect candidates to be in office regularly.
Our diverse team hails from more than 10 different countries, including Europe, Australasia, Canada, and the US. This broad range of experience and backgrounds provides us with the unique opportunity to draw upon best practices from across the globe and utilize these to help create signature structures.
For more information on our work, please visit www.structurecraft.com.
• Concept scheming and sketching to create innovative structural solutions with architects and designers.
• Leading and managing multiple teams of project engineers, drafters and designers, and performing quality control with assembly and fabrication teams
• Leading involvement in client meetings and the facilitation of creative solutions to design issues and challenges
• Providing engineering reports to clients, structural advice on the construction and design of projects and devising modifications as necessary
• Performing concept level and detailed structural design and detailing, including calculations, sketches, and static/dynamic finite element modelling in both pre-construction and construction phases, under the mentorship of the Engineering Manager
• Liaising with internal project management, shop, and site teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and budget, and meet fabrication and erection constraints
• Visiting mass timber project sites across North America (remote or in-person when possible) to conduct field reviews and work with our install team on the ground at each project
• Reviewing project requirements to provide estimates on quantities and costs of materials, equipment and labor and input on construction and development budgets
• Mentoring junior structural engineers and developing our technical knowledge base
• Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Civil Engineering (or a related Engineering Degree).
• At least 8 years of experience working as structural engineer (minimum 5 years of experience in timber engineering). Experience with seismic design in Canada / USA or abroad is an asset.
• PE, P.Eng., or MIStructE or eligible for accreditation within 6 months of start date. SE is an asset.
• Experience leading the design of large building projects, working with architects and clients to achieve pragmatic and cost-effective solutions
• Knowledge and use of Canadian, American, and European codes an asset
• Experience with Finite Element software (SAP2000, R-FEM, ETABS), and significant experience with Excel (performing calculations). Experience working with 3D modelling software such as Rhino/Grasshopper/AutoCAD is an asset.
• Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• RRSP match
• Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
• French not required
• 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus pay
Work Location: In person
Senior Structural Engineer Abbotsford jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.