We Manage Jobs(WMJobs)
We Manage Jobs(WMJobs) United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 weeks ago
Due to internal progression, we have an excellent opportunity for two Senior Accounting Technicians to join our Economy and Infrastructure and Children’s Finance Teams at Solihull Council.
The Economy and Infrastructure Team supports the Economy and Infrastructure Directorate which includes key universal services such as management of Waste, Public Realm and Highways, Customer Contact, Libraries, Culture and Arts, Homelessness, Licensing and Regulatory functions, Climate Change and Economic Development.
The Children's Finance Team supports the Children's Services Directorate, whose role is to safeguard and support vulnerable Children and Young People, including working with their families, and to provide Education Services and support to Schools. This is a crucial time in our Children’s Services improvement journey and as such, you will be supporting services that make a positive impact on the lives of Children, Young People and Families across the borough.
Your responsibilities... will provide a varied and interesting mix of financial and management accounting technician experience and support the delivery of a high profile, exciting and far reaching programme of work which will provide a great base for future development, learning and opportunity. This role can be the start of a long term Accountancy career path across the Financial Operations Division.
Our Financial Operations Division are proud of our proven track record of delivering an excellent service. Our approach to maintaining a three Year Medium Term Financial Strategy has been held up as good practice nationally. We believe in investing in training and providing support for our staff to develop their careers.
You will have:
• GCSEs Maths and English Language A-C or 4-9 (or equivalent level 2 qualification)
• Full membership MAAT (or equivalent)
• Excellent communication / organisational skills
• Experience of working in a professional finance environment and using financial systems
• Computer literate with experience of using Excel (or equivalent) at an advanced level
In return we can offer a varied role in a friendly team, which can span over numerous different SMBC sites across the borough in line with the Council’s Agile working policy. We recently adopted our Smarter Ways of Working model and this role, will involve a combination of working from home and from our offices in South and optionally North Solihull.
We also offer:
• Generous annual leave entitlements with the opportunity to purchase up to 10-days additional leave per year
• A flexitime scheme with up to 24 days per year
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
• Family and carer friendly policies
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Employee benefits including staff discounts, subsidised travel passes and Cycle 2 Work Scheme
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Jim Goodhall, Accountant (E&I) on 0121 704 6519 or Amy Wileman, Accountant (Children’s) on 0121 704 8014.
Interviews to take place 24th and 25th May 2023.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: Not required .
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Senior Accounting Technician United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.