DNV GL France France
2 weeks ago
Area Benelux & France is part of the Maritime Region West Europe, consisting of a team of approximately 73 committed employees taking care of various technical services. These services are related to the following disciplines:
CMC - Certification of Materials and Components for vessels and offshore installations.
NB - New Building classification for vessels and offshore installations.
VMC/VCA - Verification of Materials and Components for equipment or installations outside certification or classification requirements.
The Area collaborates closely with the Regional FiS - Fleet in Service organization.
The Area has five office locations: Antwerp, Le Havre, Marseille, Saint Nazaire and Rotterdam. Besides this, several people are working from a home office, to cover the geographical needs of our clients.
We aim to be the front-runner in innovation, digitalization and customer-centricity. For various disciplines, new regimes are continuously introduced. Recent examples are electronic... certificates, remote inspections, 3D printing, sensor-based maintenance, alternative fuels, and now heading towards autonomous shipping. Customer needs and footprint reduction are crucial elements in this.
To support the CMC activities in the centre of France, we are looking for a generalist Materials and Components Surveyor to join our CMC team in France and Belgium. Mainly in the French Regions: Bourgogne, Rhone Alpes and Centre, based in the Lyon area.
- Responsible for the certification of a variety of technical products at manufacturers. Main product lines: Metallic and non-metallic materials. Welded components/structures. Pressure vessels and hydraulics for various applications. Propulsion, auxiliary engines, turbines and power generators. Electrical and automation systems. Thrusters, gearboxes, pumps, compressors.
- Manage a group of customers and interact with colleagues worldwide to follow up on their needs.
- Be the advisor of our customers to guide them in the regulatory landscape of the maritime industry and support their development
- An interesting technical function, where you will be responsible for the certification of a variety of technical products
- The possibility to work within a highly engaged team where trust, teamwork and innovation are core values
- The opportunity to grow and develop in a desired expertise role
- A job that continuously evolves due to technological developments
- A flexible but also demanding job with high responsibility, where you meet interesting clients and products
- A job where you can grow and develop into other functions
- The possibility of working at DNV locations around the globe
Conditions of Employment:
- Local terms and conditions.
- Contrat cadre Syntec.
- A company car is provided.
- Travel within the region & France is required.
- Working from home is possible in line with DNV policy.
- Master's degree in mechanical/electrical engineering, marine engineering valid qualification and good knowledge within the maritime industry, qualification within the technical discipline. A bachelor's degree will be considered based on profile and experience.
- An experience in electrical equipment and automation will be beneficial for the position.
- Excellent written and spoken business-standard English is essential.
- Good command of the French language is preferred from a long-term perspective.
- Prepared for active support of our processes on the way to transformation in a new digital world
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar role
- Driving licence - Permis B is required to visit customers.
- Possess high standards of professional integrity, willing to set an example to others.
- Empathy and problem-solving mindset towards our clients
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and writing
- Capable of effectively expressing an opinion and resolving contentious issues sensitively and in a pragmatic manner
- A team player with a positive attitude and willingness to collaborate across groups and other offices for shared goals and aims
- Able to combine theoretical knowledge and practical skills
- Possesses a high degree of adaptability and flexibility in an environment of constant change
- Eager to learn and develop and be willing to train and cascade experience and skills to peers in the Area
- Good commercial awareness and solution-orientated (right quality) mindset.
- Willingness to travel within the Area to support with surveys/audits as required
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the world's leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry - across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Requisition ID: 2023-21466
Posting Position Type: Permanent Employee
External Company URL: http://www.dnvgl.com/
Street: 54 Rue Marcel Dassault Bâtiment D - 3ème étage
Materials and Components Surveyor France jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.