Ausenco Vancouver Canada
1 week ago
Ausenco is a global company redefining what's possible. Our team is based across 26 offices in 14 countries, with projects in over 80 locations worldwide. Combining our deep technical expertise with a 30-year track record, we deliver innovative, value-add consulting studies, project delivery, asset operations and maintenance solutions to the mining & metals, oil & gas, and industrial sectors.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Process Engineer with expertise in hydrometallurgy to join our Minerals and Metals team. As the most senior member of our team, you will be an industry leader and responsible for providing world class mineral processing technical excellence to the mining industry. This role forms part of the Vancouver Minerals & Metals division to deliver quality process engineering and design by providing leadership, support and direction to the team and clients.
About the Role
• Provide technical leadership in the design and development of... hydrometallurgical processes for mining projects. This will include selecting the appropriate processing technologies, designing the process flow sheet, and determining the parameters for each stage of the process.
• Continually review and optimize hydrometallurgical processes to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity for clients.
• Approve and deliver process design in accordance with sound design principles by adhering to design practices and specifications which meet operational, safety, environmental and functional requirements.
• Manage the performance of Process Engineers to produce process and design deliverables for studies and projects by monitoring and assessing progress and activities.
• Motivate Process Engineers towards superior performance by supporting performance, providing ongoing mentoring and training, and conducting performance reviews.
• Ensure process design meets clients' expectations by maintaining a high level of communication with clients.
• Ensure process design meets operational expectations by understanding the design limitations, representative nature of data, and risk elements.
• Mineral Processing and/or Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering degree with registration as a P. Eng.
• 10 years' experience in hydrometallurgical processes.
• Hydrometallurgical testwork and process design experience in copper, gold, nickel, cobalt and/or manganese processes is key to this role. Knowledge of battery recycling would be an asset.
• Operational experience in hydrometallurgical processing is considered valuable.
• Knowledgeable in MetSim and SysCAD modelling or other Leach and POX modelling software
• Has a solid appreciation of industry technology and a desire to understand and gain strong appreciation of emerging technologies
Working for Ausenco means you won't settle for the status quo - you'll be part of a forward-thinking, culturally diverse organisation. We expect our people to deliver outstanding results and will give you the licence to find a better way forward for your clients and stakeholders.
In addition to a competitive remuneration package, we provide employees with a wide range of growth opportunities and training programs to build your skills and pursue your career path.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce As a global company we embrace and encourage diversity in its fullest sense - gender, age, experience, nationality, colour, language, religion, location, disability, education, skills, working styles and time availability. Our work environments are based on mutual trust and respect for the rights and opportunities of every individual.
If this role sounds like you, please submit a detailed application directly to this posting. We thank you for your submission and will contact you if we need further information, or if we wish to progress to interview
Principal Process Engineer (Hydrometallurgy) - Vancouver jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.