Duke University Newport News VA United States
4 days ago
Duke University Hospital
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major surgery suite containing... 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional radiology area.
For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties: cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear, nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology & neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area.
In addition to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery centers.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
• Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
• Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
• Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
• Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
• Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
• Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Registered Nurse (New Grad RN)
Duke University Health System Float Pool – Med-Surg
Located in Various Medical Surgical Units at Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, and Duke Raleigh Hospital
Duke University Health System seeks to hire an experienced Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission of Advancing Health Together. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
The Med-Surg Nursing Float Pool team provides patient care, support and cares for a variety of patients on our Medical Surgical units. Nurses in this unit would work as a part of a multidisciplinary team and have the opportunity to participate in rounds on their patients.
Nurse: Patient ratio averages 1:3 through 1:6 dependent on acuity and the unit is staffed with a standing charge nurse and Health Unit Coordinator 24/7. Nursing Care Assistants are on the unit 7a-7p and 7p to 7a.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for teamwork, demonstrate accountability and have an appreciation for family-center care.
Full Time Day/Night Rotating Shifts: 3, 12-hour shifts with varying weekends
What you will do:
In the Float Pool, it is embedded in our staff to “rise to the challenge and adapt to situations.” Due to the extensive training received in each area, our staff continue to be clinical experts, offering a broad skillset and range of knowledge throughout the various patient populations. Unlike other health systems in the area, Duke offers the same benefits to Float Pool staff as Department dedicated staff. The float pool offers a dynamic opportunity for a wide range of experiences in order to build your career.
What you can expect:
• Multitask in myriad ways – document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status, assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients, independently seek out resources and work collaboratively. Educate patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care. Relationship management with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
What we will provide:
• Float Pool RN Premium of $5.00 per hour
• Paid Training: On average 4 weeks for Experienced RN; on average 14 weeks for New Grads of paid orientation depending on level of experience.
• Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is committed to providing robust learning and development from Office of Continuing Education.
• Career Ladder Advancement
• Tuition Assistance
• Relocation Grant
• Nurse Loan Forgiveness program: Full-time, benefit-eligible RN positions (36+ hrs./week positions) are eligible for the Nurse Loan Forgiveness program.
• Duke will reimburse up to $25,000 of nursing school student loan debt over three years for eligible RNs who are employed in a full-time .9 FTE (36+ hours/week)
• Employee Referral Program
• Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus
• Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Pension plan and much more.
What you will need:
• Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma program.
• **All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Licensure and Certification Required:
• Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
• BLS Certification required
To learn more about the Duke Registered Nurse Float Pool, Visit: https://today.duke.edu/2022/10/nursing-float-pool-ready-answer-call
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department
Newport News VA USA
Jobs in Newport News VA United States
Registered Nurse (New Grad RN) - Med-Surg - Float Pool - Multiple... Newport News jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.