The Children's Home of Kingston
The Children's Home of Kingston Kingston NY United States
1 week ago
• Kingston, NY, USA
• 65000-75000 per year Biweekly
• Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program
The Unaccompanied Alien Children Program referred by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), provides temporary residential care and other supportive services to Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) who are under legal custody of the Federal Government. In the basic shelter program, we provide therapeutic and educational services and other supports that youth need to achieve success through an array of strength-based and targeted interventions as well as link them with family members and/or other sponsors in the United States, so they are able to move forward with their lives and thrive. Clinicians are responsible for the New Horizons Program in the preparation of goal-oriented diagnostic assessments, group counseling, staff training and program enrichment. Each clinician will carry an individual case load of 12 clients. Clinical responsibilities include all necessary tasks as required by the Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement.
In a manner consistent with the Children's Home of Kingston/New Horizon's Mission Statement and applicable laws and regulations, an employee in this position shall:
• Conduct Intake Assessments
• Provide clinical guidance to the Case Managers
• Screens for human trafficking concerns
• Provides crisis intervention services
• Direct care staff and members of the treatment team
• Participate and provide professional support in treatment team meetings concerning mental health issues and behavior management
• Serve as liaison with mental health providers to ensure proper care for all the youth's mental health needs
• Ensure all ORR mandates and requirements are met
• Ensure that all UC have a safe and appropriate discharge plan and that all mental health services are in place prior to discharge
• Provides individual and group therapy
• Conducts comprehensive assessments using standardized measures as per standards set forth by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR)
• Provides crisis management and ongoing therapeutic support collaborative relations with other members.
• Ensure constant (weekly min) communication about the case with the Case Manager
• Develops and maintain contact with UC, sponsors and all parties part of UC's life (including service providers as needed) for set up and follow up of all related MH services.
• Participates in meetings pertaining to the clinical needs of the youth on their caseload
• Completes paperwork in a timely manner, ensuring that the clinical records meet the requirements of standards set by ORR. Prepares for audits accordingly.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and protected information
• Completes the weekly staffing grid on a weekly basis, as well as other reports as needed.
• Demonstrates commitment to departmental and organizational goals.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Work evening hours and weekends as required
• Create Behavioral Plans, Individual Crisis Management Plans and Safety Plans as needed to provide ongoing support to UC and staff.
• Maintain regular communication and coordination of services with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
• SMALL CASE LOAD
• Ability to speak, read, and writes English & Spanish fluently, which allows full communication with agency staff and 3rd parties.
• Ability to perform highly exacting work, complex in nature, and to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to evaluate facts, interprets results, and makes recommendations.
• Ability to use sound judgment while following agency policies, practices and procedures.
• Possess a valid driver license with a driving record acceptable to CHK's insurance carrier and possess the ability to drive agency vehicles to other agency sites and places for training purposes.
• Master's Degree in social work with clinical experience in the program, or Master's degree in psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science in which direct clinical experience is a program requirement
• Bachelor's degree plus 5 years' clinical employment experience
• Must be eligible to apply for license
• Experience working with traumatized/exploited children, and children with behavioral problems is preferred
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy experience a plus
• Excellent organizational/communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required
• Valid NYS driver's license, clean driving record
• Must be 21 years of age or older
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Interaction with people and technology while standing or sitting for long periods of time
• Employees will also be regularly required to hear (with or without hearing devices), see (with or without corrective lenses) and speak.
• Employees will regularly be required to stand; walk; sit; use hands (or hands and arms) to carry, finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; crouch and kneel.
Our benefits package for Full Time employees is exceptional! Take a look at what we have to offer:
• Earn up to 7 weeks of paid time off per year.
• Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with HRA offered to all full time employees.
• Employer paid group life insurance, short and long term disability insurance.
• Retirement plan with employer match for full time employees.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• And more!
The Children's Home of Kingston is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The employee is expected to adhere to all CHK policies and practices
Kingston NY USA
Jobs in Kingston NY United States
Bilingual English Spanish Social Worker -MSW Kingston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.