NTT Ltd., NTT
NTT Ltd., NTT Nelson New Zealand
2 weeks ago
NTT is a leading global IT solutions and services organisation that brings together people, data and things to create a better and more sustainable future.
In todayâs âiNTTerconnectedâ world, connections matter more now than ever. By bringing together talented people, world-class technology partners and emerging innovators, we help our clients solve some of the worldâs most significant technological, business and societal challenges.
With people at the heart of our success, NTT is committed to attracting and growing the best talent and providing an environment where everyone feels they can belong and their contribution matters.
Want to be a part of our team?
The Services Database Administrator operates within the internal Information Technology departments of Dimension Data or client facing service department and takes responsibility for the performance, integrity and security of large, more complex databases and processes. Individuals in this role take responsibility for the... design of both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
Services Database Administrators work closely with Change Control, Release Management, Asset and Configuration Management and Capacity and Availability Management to establish the needs of users, monitoring user access and security. They control access permissions and privileges to database environments.
Working at NTT
Ensure database management
They ensure that data is clearly defined and they refine the logical design of the database so that it can be translated into a specific data model. In so doing, senior database administrators take responsibility for the mapping out of the conceptual design for a planned database in outline. They take ownership for the writing of database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata). In so doing, they create, test and execute data management languages.
Ensure database performance
These individuals monitor the performance and manage the parameters of the database to ensure the provision of speedy query responses to front-end users. They monitor production databases regularly or respond to any database issues by bringing down the database or taking the database offline.
Produce and use reports
They advise on and assist with the development of database utilities and automated reporting. He/she sets up data sharing and disk partitioning. This enables front-end users to access data concurrently in a way or form that suits their particular needs. The Services Database Administrator provides support in critical situations.
Services Database Administrators assist the Change Control and Release Management functions by commissioning and installing new applications and customising existing application in order to make them fit for purpose. They apply the patches and upgrade the database as required by the design team. They communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational employees to ensure database integrity and security.
Manage client relationships
Maintaining data standards in accordance with client requirements, Dimension Data policies and the Data Protection Act is important in this role. These individuals have a good understanding of security information procedures and work in accordance with these requirements. They ensure that clients comply with non-disclosure agreements with clients.
The Services Database Administrator demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills. They have a very good understanding of business data requirements and apply their highly developed attention to detail.
They are able to work with multiple stakeholders in the organisation and display excellent interpersonal skills. They are proactive and demonstrate a bias for action. Good problem solving and good client service ability comes naturally.
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.
A career at NTT means:
• Being part of a global pioneer â where you gain exposure to our Fortune 500 clients and world-leading global technology partners and work with a network of over 40,000 smart and diverse colleagues across 57 countries, delivering services in over 200 countries.
• Being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology â backed with a 150-year heritage of using technology for good. With 40% of the worldâs internet traffic running on our network and where Emoji were first invented, you can be proud of the groupâs many new âfirstsâ.
• Making a difference â by doing meaningful work that helps to shape the future for our clients, and across industries and communities around the world.
• Being your best self â in a progressive âConnected Workingâ environment that promotes flexibility, connection and wellbeing. Where diversity and different perspectives are embraced to ensure equal opportunities for all.
• Having ongoing opportunities to own and develop your career â with a personal and professional development plan and access to the broadest learning offerings in the industry
Nelson New Zealand
SQL Server Database Administrator Nelson jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.