Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario
Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario Cambridge Canada
1 week ago
Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario (CFFO) is a professional organization for family farm entrepreneurs. The CFFO was established to help our members live out their faith in their farming practices and to help the government develop policies and programs that protect the long-term success of agriculture. As a provincially Accredited Farm Organization (AFO), we advocate on behalf of our members, advising the provincial government on policy solutions for a broad range of agricultural, rural, and social issues that impact the quality of life and the businesses of our farm families.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Relations Coordinator. This position is for someone that can define themselves as a “Go-Getter”. An extrovert who is comfortable with speaking and presenting in front of others. Their job is to ensure that the Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario, an Accredited Farm Organization continues to be robust and active in the province, community, in-person... and online, and promotes the values and ideas of the Federation. The Development Relations Coordinator will come up with new ways to promote the Federation and engage our members throughout Ontario. This position works closely with the Member Relations Manager and the Marketing Manager and is under the authority of General Manager.
CFFO offers challenging work, a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be a member of a close-knit team. The ideal candidate will possess a college background or have related experience in the agriculture industry.
• Connect with the younger farming demographic, and potential members, and organize events to promote the Federation throughout Ontario.
• Develop a targeted plan to build membership growth throughout Ontario. Generate ideas for district activities.
• Encouraging districts to submit material for local media (newspaper, radio, TV, electronic) to promote the Federation.
• Build relationships with CFFO members and call new members to welcome them to the federation.
• Listen to members’ thoughts and concerns and relay them back for grassroots policy development.
• Build and maintain a good rapport with local elected officials in CFFO districts in Ontario and like-minded agriculture organizations
• Develop and maintain a strong CFFO member benefits program by networking with businesses, and stores to obtain a robust discount program.
• Develop and maintain a strong CFFO partnership program by networking with industry partners and collaborating on ideas and content. Ensure partnership renewal forms are sent out on time and payment deadlines are met annually.
• Periodically write a commentary for our website or encourage others to do so.
• Help ensure meeting & event notices are completed and mailed to members and electronic reminders are issued.
• Attend district board meetings virtually or in person.
• Assist with the development and running of policy tours/town hall sessions with the districts.
• Record supporter information changes to be added to the database.
• Be knowledgeable and conversant in both short-term issues and long-term trends in agriculture, as well as emerging issues and their impact.
• Attend, participate, or organize Ad Hoc meetings.
• Attend or participate in Executive Board and Provincial Council meetings.
• Represent the CFFO at various stakeholder and industry events and meetings.
• Sit on various working groups or committees.
• Assist with registering, ordering booth requirements, arranging for certificates of insurance, and organizing and scheduling volunteers for farm shows.
• Participate at farm or trade shows across Ontario to promote the CFFO at local and provincial farm and trade shows.
• Some heavy lifting is required.
• Travel is required within Ontario.
Other duties as assigned:
• Assist with CFFO Annual Meeting, Agri-Day, and other federation events
• Contribute material for re-accreditation, especially relating to CFFO supporter work.
• Contribute district news and support articles for print and electronic newsletters.
• Contribute content, pictures, event information, etc., for use on social media channels.
What we offer:
• Virtual and in-person attendance
• Competitive salary
• Employee benefits – health & dental
• RRSP Matching
• EAP program
• Free on-site parking
• Free coffee
• Employee events, lunches
• Paid time off (vacation, family wellness days)
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume and cover letter to, Thomas Tavani, General Manager of the CFFO. We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, CFFO accommodates the individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. If you are contacted regarding this job opportunity or an assessment, please advise if you require an accommodation so we can ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process
Development Relations Coordinator Cambridge jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.