Expeditors Swords County Dublin Ireland
1 week ago
"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business" -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
• 15,000 trained professionals
• 250+ locations worldwide
• Fortune 500
• Globally unified systems
Scope of Position:
As a Junior Developer you will be part of the European Customs Development team. Based in Dublin, you will contribute to the development and support of the EXP.o CustomsWare Customs Compliance framework. The framework manages customs declaration submission to Customs Authorities in multiple countries in Europe.
Responsibilities and Duties
Working in a .NET environment, the majority of the development activities will initially be carried out in XML, with some C# development. XML is used to define the... GUI, Workflows, Rules, EDI message formats and communications protocols. You will be involved in developing, testing, deploying and supporting all aspects of the application which is used across multiple offices in Europe.
As a CustomsWare Junior Developer you will:
• work as a part of our Customs development team developing and supporting applications within the framework
• work with Development Manager and Senior Developers to refine the requirement and be able to ask questions to improve the solutions.
• provide realistic estimates and timelines for the assigned tasks
• create and plan tests for the requirement
• Work within a structured SDLC environment
• deliver defect free code based on the test plan
• provide technical support to our business team and customers
Qualification and Skills
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent highly desirable.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in web and software development
• Practical experience in C#.net or Java.
• Some SQL server preferable, with an understanding of relational database concepts
• Practical, demonstratable experience in XML, XSD, XSLT and XPATH
• Knowledge of, or experience in the following technologies: WEB API, REST, SOAP or WCF
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
• Ability to document work logs and solution specifications
• Experience writing unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests
• Experience using GIT and an understanding of Agile software development methodologies.
• Experience in the fields of international trade, freight forwarding and customs clearance is desirable but not necessary.
• References may be requested as part of the interview process
• A short technical test may be part of the interview process
Swords County Dublin Ireland
Jobs in Swords County Dublin Ireland
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.