Center for Communication Programs
Center for Communication Programs Baltimore MD United States
5 days ago
The Jia lab is interested in hiring a Research Analyst to support research on the development, optimization, and translation of preclinical image-guided animal irradiation technologies. The position will be heavily involved in the development of research questions, conducting literature reviews on emerging animal irradiation technologies, developing state-of-the-art imaging, image guidance... irradiation technologies. In addition, will be performing data analysis on in-house experimental data as well as collaborator data sets. This role will work across teams within the lab, including the principal investigator, post-docs, graduate students, and other members, encouraging a strong team dynamic. The applicant should have ample technical maturity in medical physics, engineering, and programming.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
• Establish, maintain, and expand imaging and irradiation technologies for precision image-guided preclinical small animal irradiation experiments.
• Develop novel prototypes of imaging and irradiation instruments and translate them to end users to support pre-clinical radiobiology studies.
• Develop quality assurance programs for preclinical imaging and irradiation equipment and standard operating procedures for using the equipment.
• Operate dedicated equipment; records data; perform quality assurance of equipment; maintains and makes minor adjustments to equipment.
• Analyze and interpret results, summarize, and report data to the principal investigator and other collaborators as well as present findings in laboratory meetings with a view toward further refinement of research goals with input from colleagues.
• Contribute to the preparation of manuscripts and grant proposals.
• Will have the opportunity to present findings to the scientific community through publications in relevant journals and through presentation of results at conferences, seminars, and scientific meetings.
• Exchange non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication skills. The qualified candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate on a professional level, act appropriately and effectively with all levels of staff and exercise good judgment.
• Master's Degree in a related science.
• Six years related experience.
• Proven technical knowledge and laboratory experience.
• Ph.D. Degree in physics or engineering.
• Experience in technology development and supporting preclinical irradiation and imaging.
• Experience in CT/PET/MRI for preclinical animal imaging and image analysis.
• Prior supervisory experience.
• Publication record.
Classified Title: Research Analyst
Starting Salary Range: $72,940-$100,380-$127,820 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30am-5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Rad Onc Medical Physics
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
• *Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled
Baltimore MD USA
Jobs in Baltimore MD United States
Research Analyst Baltimore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.