Lonza AG Basel Switzerland
1 week ago
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS) , our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Lab Support Scientist Physico-Chemical Quality Control, DPS.
• Identify demand and ensure on time provision of basic laboratory services, consumables and equipment readiness (incl. review) to... facilitate timely execution of physico-chemical analytical tests according to cGMP standards on drug products in clinical development or commercial phase
• Maintain and contribute to the continuous improvement of the physico-chemical QC laboratory infrastructure and basic services
• Take ownership for maintenance of assigned instruments and their daily condition to ensure quality processes
• Lead the training of laboratory scientists, apprentices and interns on the utilization of equipment, cGMP documentation standards and usage of general laboratory infrastructure
• Ensure audit/inspection readiness within area of responsibility
• Follow applicable SOPs, current documentation practices and act as a role model for EHS
• Help establish and maintain (Pikett service) drug product analytical infrastructure and services for biologics, small molecule and peptide parenteral products for clinical and commercial products
• Training on the job as lab technician (EFZ, HF, CTA, BTA or PTA) or BSc in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field incl. solid work experience in relevant area
• Working experience as a research/ technical assistant in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry, in analytical quality testing (QC)
• Working experience as safety coach is a plus
• Experience with LEAN/6s e.g. KanBan is a plus
• Good working knowledge in a cGMP-regulated environment is highly appreciated.
• Basic working knowledge in analytical techniques in protein/peptide analytics is advantageous
• Hands on experience in digital laboratory workflows is a plus (e.g. electronic laboratory notebook, LIMS)
• Good communication and inter-personal skills, ability to work independently and in a team, pro-active attitude and strong quality mindset
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
R49060 Switzerland, Basel
Phys-Chem QC Laboratory Support Technician 80-100% (m/f/d) Basel jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.