Cibus Corp. San Diego CA United States
2 weeks ago
Cibus is a biotechnology company with advanced technologies to precisely target and direct a plant's natural gene-editing processes. This approach accelerates natural plant breeding that has been a staple of farming for thousands of years and has resulted in a rapid, versatile and low-cost way to produce sustainable industrial and agricultural products and improve human health by safely... harnessing nature's own genetic diversity.
The company has a worldwide presence, with subsidiaries in Europe and North America and a state-of-the-art research and development center in San Diego. Cibus has a pipeline of traits for canola and rice and is developing crop platforms and a pipeline of trait products in other major global crops including soybean, corn, and wheat. The broad applicability of Cibus' technologies is highlighted by the company's strain-advancement program, which develops sustainable products in microbial platforms for the food, flavor and fragrance, and personal care markets.
Cibus has an immediate opening for a Research Associate to help us to revolutionize plant breeding.
The ideal candidate will have a B.S/M.S. degree in Biological Sciences or in a related discipline with a minimum of 1-2 years' experience in a research and/or development environment and demonstrated working knowledge of molecular biology techniques and plant tissue culture; or its equivalent. The candidate is expected to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Work as part of a team that investigates, creates, and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement and to further the understanding of the molecular processes of gene editing involved in the application of Cibus' proprietary technologies.
• Primary responsibilities include conducting plant cell biology related tasks, such as in-vitro cell culture and in-vitro plant propagation and delivery of gene editing reagents to plant protoplasts aimed at meeting project goals.
• Follow standard operating procedures and troubleshooting related procedures.
• Utilize a broad suite of general, theoretical, and practical molecular biology techniques as well as plant cell culture techniques to complete assigned tasks.
• Communicate research findings through written reports and oral presentations.
• Demonstrate the ability to be independent, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative setting
San Diego CA USA
Jobs in San Diego CA United States
Research Associate San Diego jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.