Sembcorp Industries Singapore Singapore
2 weeks ago
Singapore, Central, Singapore
Project Development & Execution
Job posted on
Apr 3, 2023
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Design and review of Electrical systems during front end engineering design (FEED) and basic design for centralised utility facilities, utility power and water, petrochemical industries and utility scale renewable projects.
• Develop electrical engineering design deliverables and review inter-disciplines design/ engineering with consideration for safety, quality, performance, reliability, flexibility of operation with optimal project and life cycle cost.
• Develop and continually improve internal engineering best practices and procedures to provide engineering services of high quality in support of the various projects.
• Conduct engineering activities during business or project development including but not limited to pre-feasibility/ feasibility studies, technical due diligence, cost estimation, site survey, technical... proposal to customer, project / EPC scoping strategy, vendor selection and review, determine LCOE, budgetary quotation review and clarifications, and all related technical support and solutions etc.
• Evaluation of new technology and innovation solutions.
• Participate in engineering activities during project execution including but not limited to preparation of Scope of Work / Design Memorandum / Minimum Functional Specification, tender review on technical proposals and clarifications, attend site queries and site installation issues that related to design, pre-commissioning, testing and commissioning, PSSR etc.
• Particpate in HAZOP, QRA, EIA studies.
• Review and approval of detailed design submitted by Contractors and ensure compliance with Standards and all the conpany best practices.
• Familiar with multiple energy resource simulation and and optimisation tools.
• Establish system and documentation for company engineering standards & specification, ITP, approved vendor/manufacturer list, material specifications, discipline’s schedule of rates and cost estimate template, engineering checklists etc.
• Ensure all activities carried out are in full compliance to all regulatory and authority requirement.
• Ensure engineering support is provided in a timely manner to all stakeholders through resource planning, close collaboration with discipline engineers and team members, contractor management, etc.
• Where applicable, provide training and guidance other team members.
Key Decisions & Dimensions
• All activities in full compliance to all legal / authority requirements.
• All projects (development and execution) are to be designed, executed and performed to a high quality at competitive costs, safely, within schedule, within budget and meet Sembcorp and industry quality requirement.
• All value engineering and strategic plans developed shall ensure Capex remain competitive, are sustainable and meet the company’s business and operational needs.
• All developed and accumulated knowledge / value must be systematically retained within company
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical engineering discipline or equivalent
• At least 10-15 years of experience in energy business related engineering management and project management (engineering and construction).
• Experience in power and water utilities as well as renewable energy projects is preferred.
• Good command of multiple energy resource simulation and and optimisation tools is preferred.
Skills/competencies & Preferred Characteristics
• Demonstrate critical thinking skill, positive attitude, teamwork, analytical, communication skill, leadership skill.
• Strong self-motivation and work ethic, flexible and thrives work under pressure
Electrical Engineer, Project Management Office Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.