Wingspan Care Group
Wingspan Care Group Ohio United States
1 week ago
Wingspan Care Group is a nonprofit administrative and management organization that provides a united, community-based network of services so member agencies can focus on mission-related goals. Our innovative model is designed to promote sustainability and advancement among its partner agencies by streamlining operations and eliminating redundancies - resulting in improvements to the delivery of... direct service operations.
Position Summary: We are hiring a Financial Accountant who will have the primary responsibility for all of the activities regarding the use, improvement, reconciliation and maintenance of the cost accounting records and cost report reporting. In this role, you will coordinate with various stakeholders cross-functionally to ensure that accurate and timely costing data is being collected, providing management with insight into the costs of delivering services to our clients.
• Oversee all of the cost accounting activities of the organization, allowing management to utilize cost data to make well-informed business decisions.
• Develop a complete understanding of the various services provided to clients, and how the delivery of those services is impacted by various financial and operational cost drivers.
• Maintain and improve cost accounting transactions to interface across various software applications and consolidate all cost data from clinical and financial information systems.
• Review allocation methodology for assigning overhead costs to services and design improvements to more accurately capture total expenses and ensuring changes are adopted appropriately.
• Work with accounting staff to collect, compile and report costing information as required to be submitted to various regulatory agencies.
• Assist with month-end closing and reconcile general ledger accounts as needed.
• Prepare monthly billing reports and organizing related documentation in an easy to follow manner.
• Assist with developing overall operating budgets for the Agency and integrating data into forecasting software.
• Provide various forms of financial analysis for senior management, including but not limited to financial forecasts, quantifying the financial impacts of seasonal changes, and insight into other financial metrics.
• Participate in financial analysis and formulating agency budgets with a goal of increasing profitability.
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree; required major in accounting and/or finance.
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred.
• 5 + years directly related experience
• Ability to critically solve problems and work in situations where only limited guidance exists.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, requires strong Excel skills.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Sensitivity in relating to persons of varying backgrounds and demonstrate ability to work with diverse groups of people possessing various strengths, aptitudes and abilities.
• Ability to perform job responsibilities with a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
• Possess thorough knowledge of cost accounting concepts, preferable with experience in a cost accounting role, with additional preference given to experience in a service based or healthcare organization.
Why Work for Us: We value our employees and their commitment to our mission and offer competitive total rewards (benefits and compensation) options to our valued employees and their families, including domestic partners. Our rich options include:
• Dental, vision and medical insurance
• Defined benefit pension plan
• 403(b) plan
• Life insurance
• Paid long-term disability
• Generous paid time off and holidays
Financial Accountant Ohio jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.