State of New York
State of New York Albany NY United States
1 week ago
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration plus two years as an Accountant II or three years relevant professional accounting experience...
CPA or Bachelor's degree in Accounting plus five years relevant experience, including two years supervisory experience, public accounting experience, application of GAAP, and financial statement preparation.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and show initiative.
• Intermediate knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, including ability to determine applicability of GASB pronouncements and apply accordingly.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent mathematical skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Senior Accountant performs various complex professional accounting and financial functions and reviews day-to-day financial activities, including analysis and recording of financial transactions, accounts receivable, and the preparation of financial statements. The Senior Accountant also assists with the annual audit, supervision of unit staff, and special projects.
• Perform/monitor various tasks related to the annual audit including audit steps.
• Provide significant assistance with tasks related to annual audits for our clients (e.g. CUNY, SUNY, etc.), such as updating or reviewing supporting schedules with year-end data and the preparation of year-end financial statements.
• Assist with the preparation of DASNY's annual financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
• Assist with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
• Oversee general accounting and financial reporting activities, including the special subsidiary entities.
• Monitor and report on various financial data, such as account balances, disbursements, receipts/receivables, debt/debt service, and investments.
• Review and/or oversee the recording and reconciliation of financial data from various sources to internal systems/applications including data transfer between systems.
• Oversee disbursement funding for certain public clients.
• Review and approve journal entries, budget, cash receipts, receivable entries and billings to clients for various fees.
• Assist with the resolution with staff, clients, and trustees of accounting and financial reporting problems/conflicts/issues.
• Review financial statements and reports for internal and external parties.
• Assist with the maintenance of DASNY's financial and accounting files.
• Assist with response to audit confirmation requests.
• Review reconciliations between various sources (bank statements, client agreements, bond documents, etc.) to the financial management system, investment management system, and various other PC applications/databases.
• Research and analyze financial discrepancies between records, reports and systems and coordinate resolution.
• Assist with the design, maintenance and testing of various financial systems, upgrades and related applications and databases.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with Federal and State laws, financial standards/practices, and DASNY policies and procedures.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise, train and evaluate employees.
• Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of procedures.
• Assist with the assessment/development and implementation of internal controls and participate in the testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Maintain regular, consistent attendance and punctuality in accordance with DASNY policy.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet)
Supervision of employees may be required.
Occasional travel may be required using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Must be able to work overtime or extended hours as needed.
Standard office environment including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler, three-hole punch, date stamp, shredder.
Additional Comments DASNY provides financing and construction services to public and private universities, not-for-profit healthcare facilities, and other institutions which serve the public good.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Albany NY USA
Jobs in Albany NY United States
Senior Accountant - Financial Management, Accounting Albany jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.