Apache Corporation Houston TX United States
1 week ago
Our primary product is energy, and where there is affordable, abundant energy, people are healthier, have access to better education, and are given greater opportunities to elevate their families to higher standards of living. Nearly 3 billion people — roughly one-third of the global population — live without electricity or without clean cooking facilities. We are committed to... providing energy in innovative and more sustainable ways to help raise the standard of living for those living in energy poverty and to meet the ongoing demands of people and economies around the world. The products we deliver power increasingly cleaner electricity across the globe, fuel tractors and trucks, make fertilizer to keep the world's food supply on the table, and heat our schools, hospitals and businesses.
Our employees bring a wide range of talents and skills to the job every day to tackle complex business challenges. We believe in providing a truly rewarding work environment supported by a benefits platform that ranks among the best in our peer group. Our company offers career development opportunities where employees can grow personally and professionally. We promote employee benefits that cultivate a family-friendly work environment and focus on our employees' overall well-being. We are committed to being a workplace where all employees are valued and can thrive with a sense of belonging. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion benefits our individual employees, our company and our external stakeholders; we are better as an organization when various ideas and perspectives are brought to the table.
Apache Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of APA Corporation (NASDAQ:APA). Apache has operations in the United States, Egypt's Western Desert and the United Kingdom's North Sea and a sister company with exploration opportunities offshore Suriname. Whether supporting Apache, APA Corporation or one of its subsidiaries, team members are employed by Apache Corporation.
The Senior Accountant for Apache Corporation will be a member of Apache’s Revenue Accounting team, reporting to the Owner Relations & Collections Accounting Supervisor. This role will be primarily responsible for the following:
• Handle and respond to complex owner inquiries, including time sensitive, high priority inquiries.
• Annual coordination of 1099 filings including analysis of data and working with Corporate Tax and Vendors to file with the IRS and print and mail to royalty owners.
• Technical support for team and liaison with System Support.
• Back-up for check write and debit pay desks.
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts and prepare metrics.
• Correspond with production, land, treasury, and revenue accounting departments to ensure owner inquiries are responded to timely and accurately.
• Work on special projects as requested by management; and
• Interface with multiple groups and individuals, both internal and external to Apache Corporation.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• At least five (5) years of professional accounting experience in the oil and gas industry;
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables, data validation, data manipulation, data summarization, etc.);
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Word, and Outlook;
• Knowledge and experience with SAP/PRA;
• Revenue accounting knowledge and experience;
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
• Proven ability to take initiative, self-manage, and work independently with high productivity;
• Proven ability to interact effectively with others in a team environment; and
• Proven ability to effectively handle multiple assignments and changing environments.
The successful candidate should demonstrate and exhibit the following core competencies:
• Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents information effectively and persuasively across communication setting;
• Results: Pursues work with energy, drive, and results orientation to positively impact Apache's business success;
• Collaboration: Works in partnership with others and encourages different perspectives, while building and maintaining trust; and
• Culture: Willingness and ability to align one's behavior with the needs, priorities, and goals of Apache.
Apache Statement on Hiring
To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to base all employment-related decisions and actions exclusively on employment-related criteria. To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to provide broad dissemination of job opportunities, as consistent with the nature of the positions. To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to review its employment-related policies and actions on a regular basis to ensure that their application is consistent with their intent.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston TX USA
Jobs in Houston TX United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.