Norwegian Refugee Council
Norwegian Refugee Council Iraq Iraq
6 days ago
NRC Iraq is looking for a Finance Manager to join the mission. The role holder will be tasked with ensuring that financial set-up and processes in NRC Iraq are according to NRC standards and processes as well as supporting programme/project implementation.
If you are an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly motivated profile with excellent communication skills then this is the role for you!
What You Will Do
This position will have the following major-specific responsibilities:
• Accounting and Cashflow Management
• Budgeting and Reporting
• Financial Analysis
• Supporting Documentation, Financial Systems and Auditing
• Capacity Building and Programme Support
What You Will Bring
• Minimum 3 years of experience working as a Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Experience in implementing... change and updating processes in line with the organisation’s current ways of working
• Proven experience in empowering and capacity-building budget holders
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in financial systems and structures development
• Experience in leading Finance units during start-up, exit or emergency response phases of operation.
• Knowledge of the Middle East context
• Knowledge of the Arabic language is an added advantage
What Makes This Position Attractive?
• The humanitarian crisis in Iraq remains one of the largest and most volatile in the world. Four years since the end of the active armed conflict, displacement in Iraq remains complex with protracted and secondary displacement.
• This is an opportunity to contribute to the protection and assistance of internally displaced Iraqis, Syrian refugees, returnees, and host communities, focusing on those in protracted displacement in camps, informal settlements, and areas of return, with a particular emphasis on hard-to-reach populations.
• Meaningful work that responds to the diverse needs, priorities, and concerns raised by beneficiary communities. We are continuing to shift towards early recovery programming, aiming for sustainable development, and providing integrated and localised services to assist the displacement-affected populations while maintaining our capacity to respond to immediate humanitarian needs.
• NRC is currently supported by multiple institutional, bilateral, and multilateral donors. These include the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, KfW Development Bank (KfW), the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), European Union Regional Trust Fund (EUTF), International Trade Centre (ITC), United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR), Department for International Development (DFID), Australia Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), U.S. State Department Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA), etc
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture which empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
What We Offer
• Erbil, Iraq duty station.
• 12-month contract duration
• 40% Travel – majority to Ramadi, Kirkuk, Mosul and Dohuk.
• Grade 9 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
• NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
• We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Key Information – Please Take Note When Applying
• We highly encourage you to learn more about the role: please review the full Job Description here.
• Learn more about NRC’s operation in Iraq here.
• To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
• Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your employment history, experience, responsibilities, and education in your application.
• Ensure to attach your latest CV.
• Submit your application and CV in English.
• When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
• Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. NRC is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
• Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to give detailed feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted.
• For any queries, please email us at mero.rec[email protected] with “Finance Manager-Iraq” as the subject line.
How to apply
Please apply here
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (vacanciesiniraq.com) you saw this job posting
Finance Manager, Erbil (Iraq) jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.