Spring Independent School District
Spring Independent School District Houston TX Chile
5 days ago
TEACHER - CAMPUS (CERTIFIED)/ELEMENTARY LITERACY INTERVENTIONIST SCE
Days per Year: 187
• Based on the 2022-2023 school year salary
JOB TITLE: Interventionist-Reading
REPORTS TO: Principal
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
PAY GRADE: Teacher Salary Scale
The Interventionist-Reading is responsible for providing direct instruction and instructional support to students with identified deficits in Reading. He/she is also responsible for providing professional development sessions to campus staff and to any employees as needed on district-wide professional development days.
All employees of Spring ISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
• Valid Texas teaching certificate in Reading, EC-6 or EC-4 (if servicing students Pre-K-4)
• Evidence of four years successful teaching experience
• Completion of Science of Teaching Reading (STR) course and certification examination passed (PreK-8 only)
• Evidence of at least six years of successful teaching experience
• ESL certification
• Fluency in both spoken and written English and Spanish
• Good motivational skills with students and teachers
• Ability to work well with others
• Ability to exhibit flexibility
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Participate in SpringWay Planning, Learning and Data PLCs for the purpose of developing targeted intervention lessons aligned with weekly objectives and based on unique student data.
• Ensure at least one year's growth on the MAP Reading assessments for all assigned students.
• Develop and execute re-teach action plans that lead to student progress and mastery of State Standards on formative assessments.
• Progress monitor academic performance for all assigned students and prepare progress evaluation reports to be shared with teachers and administrators monthly. Additionally, maintain anecdotal records of student participation/responses and samples of student work that demonstrate critical thinking, skill comprehension, and skill application.
• Identify resources and design TEKS targeted four (4) week support plans for parents to utilize beyond the instructional day.
• Work with students to develop and monitor academic goals for both short- term and long-term success.
• Provide detailed written and verbal feedback to students daily.
• Maintain anecdotal records of student participation and responses.
• Participate in campus and district training.
• Provide campus and district professional development training.
• Provide in- class small group support to assigned students.
• Develop weekly intervention lesson plans by TEKS for student groups and provide teacher led small group instruction.
• Develop student led centers that are designed to offer remediation practice and introductory knowledge to students.
• Deign lessons that utilize best practices such as chunking, scaffolding, and the gradual release model.
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
This position is funded by Federal/and or State grants, you understand that your employment is expressly conditioned on the availability of full funding for the position. If full funding becomes unavailable, your employment is subject to termination or nonrenewal, or reassignment as applicable
Houston TX USA
Interventionist, Elementary Literacy Houston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.